- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
This item may be
Check for Availability
My IPhoneby Brad Miser
Synopses & Reviews
Step-by-step instructions with callouts to iPhone images that show you exactly what to do.
Help when you run into iPhone problems or limitations.
Tips and Notes to help you get the most from your iPhone.
Full-color, step-by-step tasks walk you through getting and keeping
your iPhone working just the way you want. The tasks include how to:
• Connect to the Internet, Bluetooth devices, Wi-Fi networks, other iPhones, iPods, and iPads
• Manage your apps with the iPhone’s new multitasking capabilities
• Customize your iPhone with folders, wallpaper, ringtones, and much more
• Configure and sync your information, and efficiently manage contacts and calendars
• Communicate via FaceTime videoconferences, conference calls, text, email, and more
• Make the most of Safari to browse the Web and Mail to manage all of your email from one inbox
• Listen to music, subscribe to podcasts, and watch video–including movies and TV shows
• Capture photos and HD video
• Use your photos in slideshows, for wallpaper, and your contacts or share them via email, MobileMe, and texts
• Find, download, install, and use iPhone apps, including the amazing iBooks to read ebooks
BONUS MATERIAL: Find additional tasks and other helpful information on this book’s website at quepublishing.com/title/9780789747143
CATEGORY: Apple Digital Media
COVERS: Apple iPhone
USER LEVEL: Beginning-Intermediate
About the Author
Brad Miser has written extensively about technology, with his favorite topics being the amazing “i” gadgets, iPhone and iPod touch, that make it possible to take our lives with us while we are on the move. In addition to My iPhone, Fourth Edition, Brad has written many other books, including My iPod touch, 2nd Edition; Easy iLife ’09; Absolute Beginner’s Guide to iPod and iTunes, 3rd Edition; Special Edition Using Mac OS X Leopard; iPhoto ’09 Portable Genius; Teach Yourself Visually MacBook Air; and MacBook Pro Portable Genius.He has also been an author, development editor, or technical editor for more than 50 other titles.
Brad is or has been a sales support specialist, the director of product and customer services, and the manager of education and support services for several software development companies. Previously, he was the lead proposal specialist for an aircraft engine manufacturer, a development editor for a computer book publisher, and a civilian aviation test officer/engineer for the U.S. Army. Brad holds a Bachelor of Science degree in mechanical engineering from California Polytechnic State University at San Luis Obispo and has received advanced education in maintainability engineering, business, and other topics.
In addition to his passion for silicon-based technology, Brad likes to ride his steel-based technology, aka, a motorcycle, whenever and wherever possible.
Originally from California, Brad now lives in Brownsburg, Indiana, with his wife Amy; their three daughters, Jill, Emily, and Grace; a rabbit; and a sometimes inside cat.
Table of Contents
Getting started with your iPhone — Connecting to the Internet, Bluetooth devices, and iPhones/iPods/iPads — Moving audio, video, books, and photos onto your iPhone — Configuring and synchronizing information on an iPhone — Managing contacts — Making, receiving, and managing calls — Emailing — Texting — Managing calendars and time — Surfing the Web — Listening to music, podcasts, and other audio — Watching movies, TV shows, and other video — Working with photos and video — Using cool iPhone apps — Installing and maintaining iPhone applications — Customizing your iPhone — Maintaining an iPhone and solving problems.
What Our Readers Are Saying
» Computers and Internet » Computers Reference » General