- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
This item may be
Check for Availability
This title in other editions
Encyclopedia of Virtual Communities and Technologiesby Subhasish DasGupta
Synopses & Reviews
- Numerous contributions from known international scholars providing comprehensive coverage of theories and concepts of virtual communities
- Example of best practices and case studies in virtual communities around the world
- A compendium of terms, definitions and explanations of concepts, processes and acronyms provided by international experts.
- Organized by titles and indexed by authors and topics, making it a convenient method of reference for readers
- Cross referencing of key terms; figures and information related to virtual communities and applications
- With the purchase of a print copy, your library will have access to the electronic edition of this encyclopedia, free of charge for the life of the edition.
"This encyclopedia of virtual communities and technologies provides a much needed integrated overview of all the critical concepts, technologies and issues in the area of virtual communities"--Provided by publisher.
Table of Contents
Virtual communities and the alignment of Web ontologies / Krzysztof Juszczyszyn — Virtual communities for development / Deidra Fryer and Eric Turner — Virtual communities' impact on politics / Vasanthi Srinivasan — Virtual communities in an MBA / Franoise Dushinka Brailovsky Signoret — Virtual communities in banking customer retention / Dimitris Kardaras and Bill Karakostas — Virtual communities wish list / James Isaak — Virtual community as new marketing channel / Chingning Wang, Kangning Wei, and Michelle L. Kaarst-Brown — Virtual community models in relation to e-business models / Lee Moh Shan, Juliana Sutanto, Atreyi Kankanhalli, and Bernard C.Y. Tan — Virtual community sustainability / Ta-Tao Chuang — Virtual marketplace for agent-based electronic commerce / Sheng-Uei Guan — Virtual organizing online communities in support of knowledge synthesis / Kam Hou Vat — Virtual places / Erik M. Champion — Virtual reality technology in computer-aided production engineering / Vladim
What Our Readers Are Saying
Computers and Internet » Multimedia » Virtual Reality