- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
Ships in 1 to 3 days
Available for In-store Pickup
in 7 to 12 days
Seven Masters, One Path: Meditation Secrets from the World's Greatest Teachersby John Selby
Synopses & Reviews
Seven Masters, One Path brings together the seven primary practices of the worlds most revered spiritual masters—Krishnamurti, Lao-tzu, Buddha, Jesus, Mohammed, Gurdjieff, and Patanjali—in one simple yet complete program. Finally everyone who wants to learn how to meditate, or to deepen their meditation practice, can turn to one comprehensive guidebook that leads readers gently yet surely into experiencing the seven universal dimensions of daily meditation practice.
Seven Masters, One Path guarantees access to deep meditative experience for people seeking relief from emotional and mental stress, and especially for anyone who longs to experience a deeper sense of connection with our spiritual core. No matter how divergent all the theologies, philosophies, rituals, and dogmas of the worlds great meditative traditions might appear, John Selby reveals that the underlying intent of the original masters was remarkably similar—to help people to point their attention toward regular contact with the divine, through opening hearts and souls to direct communion with God by whatever name.
Offering one meditation each from the seven teachers, Seven Masters, One Path emphasizes the commonalities in the diverse traditions, ultimately providing a unique and accessible meditation program that anyone can master.
This is the first meditation book to bring together the seven primary elements of meditative practice as taught by the world's universally acknowledged meditation masters. It provides a simple yet complete program that anyone can implement to deepen their practice:
1. From the 4,000-year-old pranayana yogic breathing techniques of Patanjali, learn focused breath awareness.
2. From Lao Tzu and the Taoist tradition, learn the process of quieting the flow of thoughts.
3. From Buddha's meditations, learn the inner process of transcending habitual judgments.
4. From the Christian contemplative tradition taught by Jesus, learn to open your heart more fully.
5. From the teachings of Mohammed, learn how to let go of fearful thoughts.
6. Learn the Sufi teacher Gurdjieff's potent process for expanding self-awareness.
7. From renowned spiritual teacher Krishnamurti, learn to perceive reality directly.
This ingenious guidebook distills the essence of meditation through the teachings of seven world masters.
About the Author
Psychologist John Selby has spent over thirty years practicing and teaching meditation and its benefits and has studied meditative techniques and traditions all over the world. The author of seven meditation and self-help books, Selby has sold more than half-a-million copies of his books worldwide. His books have been translated into eight languages.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like