- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
Other titles in the Prentice Hall History of Music Series series:
Baroque Music (Prentice Hall History of Music Series)by Claude V Palisca
Synopses & Reviews
Table of Contents
1. The Baroque Ideal.
2. Origins and Foundations.
3. The Recitative Style.
4. The Rise of the Sacred Concerto.
5. Lute and Keyboard Music.
6. The Sacred Concerto in Germany.
7. Italian Cantata, Oratorio, and Opera in Mid-Century.
8. Sonata, Concerto, and Sinfonia.
9. Lute and Harpsichord Music in France.
10. Organ and Clavier Music in Germany.
11. Opera in France and Italy, From Lully to Scarlatti.
12. Dramatic Music in England.
13. Sacred Music in France.
14. English Church Music.
15. Johann Sebastian Bach.
List of Musical Examples and Their Sources.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like
Arts and Entertainment » Music » General History