- Used Books
- Staff Picks
- Gifts & Gift Cards
- Sell Books
- Stores & Events
- Let's Talk Books
Special Offers see all
More at Powell's
Recently Viewed clear list
Used Trade Paper
Ships in 1 to 3 days
available for shipping or prepaid pickup only
Available for In-store Pickup
in 7 to 12 days
More copies of this ISBN
Other titles in the Prentice Hall History of Music Series series:
Baroque Music (3RD 91 Edition)by Claude V. Palisca
Synopses & ReviewsPlease note that used books may not include additional media (study guides, CDs, DVDs, solutions manuals, etc.) as described in the publisher comments.
Table of Contents
1. The Baroque Ideal.
2. Origins and Foundations.
3. The Recitative Style.
4. The Rise of the Sacred Concerto.
5. Lute and Keyboard Music.
6. The Sacred Concerto in Germany.
7. Italian Cantata, Oratorio, and Opera in Mid-Century.
8. Sonata, Concerto, and Sinfonia.
9. Lute and Harpsichord Music in France.
10. Organ and Clavier Music in Germany.
11. Opera in France and Italy, From Lully to Scarlatti.
12. Dramatic Music in England.
13. Sacred Music in France.
14. English Church Music.
15. Johann Sebastian Bach.
List of Musical Examples and Their Sources.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like
Arts and Entertainment » Music » General History