- Used Books
- Staff Picks
- Gifts & Gift Cards
- Sell Books
- Stores & Events
- Let's Talk Books
Special Offers see all
More at Powell's
Recently Viewed clear list
More copies of this ISBN
Marketing for Hospitality and Tourismby Philip Kotler
Synopses & Reviews
This hospitality marketing book is comprehensive and innovative, managerial and practical, state-of-the-art and real-world. Easy-to-read and user-friendly, it provides examples and applications that illustrate the major decisions hospitality marketing managers face in their efforts to balance objectives and resources against needs and opportunities in today's global marketplace. An abundance of real-world examples and cases and experiential and internet exercises give users extraordinary insight into marketing situations they will actually encounter on the job. Real-world in focus, topics reflect the authors' rich combination of both teaching and international consulting experience in the hospitality and travel industries. PART 1: Understanding the Hospitality and Tourism Marketing Process–Introduces the concept of hospitality marketing and its importance. PART 2: Developing Hospitality and Tourism Marketing Opportunities and Strategies–Explains the role of consumer behavior and how it affects the marketing environment. PART 3: Developing the Hospitality and Tourism Mix–Identifies and explains strategies for promoting products and the various distribution channels. PART 4: Managing Hospitality and Tourism Marketing–Highlights the latest trends in electronic marketing, destination marketing, and planning for the future. For those with careers in hospitality, hotel, restaurant or tourism customer service or marketing.
THE most widely used Hospitality marketing book—this four-color leader is comprehensive and innovative, managerial and practical, state-of-the-art and real-world. Building on the authors’ expertise, it uses an integrative approach to discuss the major marketing decisions hospitality marketing managers face in today's global marketplace. Video cases, chapter examples and marketing highlights showcase real people and companies and demonstrate how marketing impacts every member of the hospitality team. Experiential exercises and new material on social networking, database marketing and revenue management help solidify the book’s position as the definitive source for information on hospitality marketing.
Table of Contents
(NOTE: *Chapters 16 and 17 were renumbered from the 3rd edition.)
I. UNDERSTANDING THE HOSPITALITY AND TOURISM MARKETING PROCESS.
1. Introduction: Marketing for Hospitality and Tourism.
2. Service Characteristics of Hospitality and Tourism Marketing.
3. The Role of Marketing in Strategic Planning.
II. DEVELOPING HOSPITALITY AND TOURISM MARKETING OPPORTUNITIES AND STRATEGIES.
4. The Marketing Environment.
5. Marketing Information Systems and Marketing Research.
6. Consumer Markets and Consumer Buying Behavior.
7. Organizational Buyer Behavior and Group Markets.
8. Market Segmentation, Targeting, and Positioning.
III. DEVELOPING THE HOSPITALITY AND TOURISM MARKETING MIX.
9. Designing and Managing Products.
10. Internal Marketing.
11. Building Customer Loyalty through Quality.
12. Pricing Products: Pricing Considerations, Approaches and Strategy.
13. Distribution Channels.
14. Promoting Products: Communication and Promotion Policy and Advertising.
15. Promoting Products: Public Relations and Sales Promotion.
16. Professional Sales.*
IV. MANAGING HOSPITALITY AND TOURISM MARKETING.
17. Electronic Marketing: Internet Marketing, Database Marketing and Direct Marketing.*
18. Destination Marketing. 19. Next Year’s Marketing Plan.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like