- Used Books
- Kobo eReading
- Staff Picks
- Gifts & Gift Cards
- Sell Books
- Stores & Events
Special Offers see all
More at Powell's
Recently Viewed clear list
New Trade Paper
Ships in 1 to 3 days
available for shipping or prepaid pickup only
More copies of this ISBN
What a Life! Stories of Amazing People 2 (High-Beginning) (What a Life!)by Milada Broukal
Synopses & Reviews
Did you know that:
These and other fascinating facts make up the biographies in What A Life!
This three-book series takes a fresh approach to making reading both pleasurable and motivating! High-interest biographies focus on less-known facts about famous figures, rather than the chronology of events typical of most biographies.
Each book in the What A Life! Series takes a multicultural approach, featuring 24 short biographies on inspirational figures from all over the world.
Subjects range from historical and political figures to athletes, artists, entertainers, and humanitarians, including:
In addition to the biographical reading, each short, easy-tofollow unit includes:
Table of Contents
1. Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Composer.
2. Dr. James Barry, Doctor.
3. Charles Dickens, Writer.
4. Alfred Nobel, Inventor and Philanthropist.
5. Sofia Kovalevsky, Mathematician.
6. Vincent van Gogh, Artist.
7. Maggie Walker, Bank Executive.
8. Helena Rubinstein, Entrepreneur.
9. Julia Morgan, Architect.
10. Princess Ka`iulani, Royalty.
11. Isdora Duncan, Dancer.
12. Diego Rivera, Artist.
13. Jim Thorpe, Athlete.
14. Agatha Christie, Writer.
15. Louis Armstrong, Musician.
16. Umm Kulthum, Singer.
17. Howard Hughes, Entrepreneur.
18. Soichiro Honda, Entrepreneur.
19. Mother Teresa, Humanitarian.
20. Sonja Henie, Ice Skater.
21. I.M. Pei, Architect.
22. Eva Perón, Political Leader.
23. Stephen Hawking, Physicist.
24. Arthur Ashe, Tennis Player.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like
Business » General