- Used Books
- Staff Picks
- Gifts & Gift Cards
- Sell Books
- Stores & Events
- Let's Talk Books
Special Offers see all
More at Powell's
Recently Viewed clear list
Used Trade Paper
Ships in 1 to 3 days
Adobe Photoshop Elements 5.0 Maximum Performance: Unleash the Hidden Performance of Elementsby Mark Galer
Synopses & Reviews
This book/DVD package will stretch your digital images and Elements 5.0 to the max!
Produce superior, high-end professional results that until now were not possible without the full Photoshop program. With this package, you will discover insider secrets that you can use immediately to solve common problems that even the pros have to overcome. Now you can achieve effects only dreamed of by casual users. Beginning right away with these full-color, real-world projects, you can transform your shots into professional images that look as if they belong in glossy magazines–without commercial lighting, studio equipment, or breaking the bank.
Uncover the hidden techniques to create photos that look they were shot by a pro. And best of all, there is no need to upgrade to the full version of Photoshop to make it happen.
Packed with dynamic hands-on projects, this book/DVD package reveals the tools, advanced techniques, and loadable presets that unleash the creative potential of intermediate to advanced photographers. From editing your shots to correcting flaws and using advanced options for more power, you will find out how to combine all the features of Elements with clever workarounds that will give your shots the 'wow' factor.
New: Maximum Performance Action Files fast track your editing workflow when you have dozens, hundreds, or even thousands of shots.
You get everything you need at your fingertips with the accompanying DVD, packed with bonus extras so that you achieve the results you want:
* 5 hours of video tutorials
* Over 200 royalty-free, high-resolution images
* Raw and 16-bits/Channel files
* Stock library
* Keyboard shortcut reference guide
* And more…
Now you can unleash the full power of Elements 5.0 to produce creations that will astonish you. Author and imaging guru Mark Galer puts the thrill of digital photography for your most important shots where it belongs–directly in your hands. With this thoroughly updated book and DVD package, you can finally make the most of hot new features like how to…
• Adjust sharpness and curves
• Convert to black and white
• Correct camera distortion
• Use Motion Blur to render the static image more dramatic
• Remove unwanted elements from your photographs
• Adjust exposure in Adobe Camera RAW to create classic Low Key images
• And more…
Mark Galer is a Senior Lecturer in Digital Imaging at the RMIT University. He is a Photoshop Elements Ambassador for Adobe Pacific and author of seven books ranging from digital capture to Photoshop editing skills.
Get the most out of your digital camera, maximize the power of Adobe Photoshop’s Elements 5.0, and unleash your own creativity to make your once-in-a-lifetime photos look like a pro shot them!
Praise for the previous edition:
"Well written, well illustrated, with a good knack for explaining complex issues in a non-threatening and comprehensible manner." –Steve Caplin, digital artist and author of "How to Cheat in Photoshop".
"Stunning images without breaking the bank! Using techniques normally associated with Photoshop, Mark Galer proves that this often-belittled program can produce truly remarkable results."
David Asch, photographer and digital artist, UK
"Truly Maximum Performance! This book has propelled my knowledge of Photoshop Elements to a very high competent professional level. I cannot express my absolute delight with my new skills."
Richard McWhorter, author, USA
"A great book to learn with...Stuffed with expert performance tips" Tim Daly, photographer, UK
A Great Book and DVD Combination!
"I have learned more from watching (and rewatching) the videos than I did at a $400 two-day Photoshop Workshop" V. Hutson, USA
* DVD includes FOUR HOURS of tutorials, image files, RAW and 16Bits/Channel files, a stock library and a keyboard shortcut reference guide
* Updated with new images and 3 new cutting edge projects: lens correction, hair extraction, and motion blur
* Vital sections on Camera Raw, Black and White, and High Dynamic Range have all been extended
This guide shows how to use Adobe Photoshop Elements to produce results that until now had only come from high level image editing software. Photographers will learn different ways to maneuver and work around the system, producing results that aren't known by the casual user.
About the Author
Mark Galer is a Senior Lecturer in photography at the Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology, Australia. He is also co-writer and teacher on their new online photography courses. He has lectured in photography in the UK and Australia and has worked commercially as a freelance photographer on corporate and editorial assignments.
Table of Contents
* Optimize Projects: 1: Crop and Correct, 2: Levels, 3: Camera RAW, 4: Target Tones, 5: Contrast, 6: Hue and Saturation, 7: Sharpening, 8: Printing
* Enhance Projects: 1: Depth of Field, 2: Shafts of Light, 3: Black and White, 4: Toning, 5: Character Portrait, 6: Glamour Portrait, 7: Motion Blur, 8: Low Key
* Montage Projects: 1: Creative Montage, 2: Replacing a Sky, 3: High Dynamic Range, 4: Creative Type, 5: Displacement, 6: Preserving Shadows, 7: Panoramas; 8: Hair Transplant
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like