- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
This item may be
Check for Availability
Fodor's Big Island of Hawaii [With Pullout Map] (Fodor's Big Island of Hawaii)by Fodors
Synopses & Reviews
Expanded Coverage: This new edition features expanded beach coverage, with “Best For” rankings that help travelers choose the perfect beach. Brand new hotel, restaurant, shop and bar reviews provide fresh tips for staying and playing.
Illustrated Features: Learn all about visiting volcanoes with our Hawaii Volcanoes National Park anchor. Other illustrated features teach travelers about geology and the birth of the islands, snorkeling tips, and Hawaii’s unique culture, from lei to luau to hula.
Indispensable Trip Planning Tools: Top Experiences and Great Itineraries help travelers make the most of their island time. This guide also has useful tips for families and people planning Hawaiian weddings and honeymoons. The Experience chapter helps travelers pick the best beaches, farmers’ markets, and outdoor adventures. A top water activities chart lets you choose your perfect water excursion. Illustrated plant and marine life identification keys are useful tools for hikers and snorkelers.
Discerning Recommendations: Fodor’s Big Island offers savvy advice and recommendations from local writers to help travelers make the most of their visit. Fodor’s Choice designates our best picks, from hotels to nightlife. “Word of Mouth” quotes from fellow travelers provide valuable insights.
• Make your trip to the Big Island unforgettable with illustrated features, 26 maps, and 130 color photos.
Customize your trip with simple planning tools
• Top experiences and attractions
• Water activity chart
• Easy-to-read color regional maps
Explore the Big Island’s active volcanoes, Kona, Hilo, and beyond
• Discerning Fodor’s Choice picks for hotels, restaurants, sights, and more
• “Word of Mouth” tips from fellow Fodor’s travelers
• Illustrated features on Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, snorkeling, and luau
• Best scuba diving, kayaking, and golf
Opinions from destination experts
• Fodor’s Big Island–based writers reveal their favorite local haunts
• Frequently updated to provide the latest information
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like
Travel » North America » United States » Hawaii
Travel » North America » United States » Western States