- Used Books
- Kobo eReading
- Staff Picks
- Gifts & Gift Cards
- Sell Books
- Stores & Events
Special Offers see all
More at Powell's
Recently Viewed clear list
Ships in 1 to 3 days
Secrets of the Baby Whisperer for Toddlersby Tracy Hogg
Synopses & Reviews
Unnerved by the ceaseless demands of your toddler? Concerned that your two-year-old isnt developing on schedule? You clearly need to spend some time with Tracy Hogg. Nicknamed the “baby whisperer” by grateful parents because of her extraordinary gift for understanding and connecting with children, Tracy became internationally famous after the smashing success of her New York Times bestseller Secrets of the Baby Whisperer. Now Tracy is back with the same winning blend of common sense, uncanny intuition, and results-getting guidance in her new book, Secrets of the Baby Whisperer for Toddlers. Yes, the toddler years have their stresses and challenges for both parents and children-but with Tracy at your side, youll find that this can also be the most fascinating and rewarding stretch of parenthood.
As in her hugely popular first book, Tracy brings her vast experience to bear on the issues and dilemmas with which all parents grapple during toddlerhood. Starting with the simple but essential premise that there is no such thing as a “typical” child, Tracy guides you through her unique programs, including:
• H.E.L.P. (Hold back, Explain, Limit, Praise): the mantra that will remind you of the four elements that are critical to fostering your childs growth and independence.
• Using T.L.C. (Talk, Listen, Clarify) to communicate with your toddler, to figure out what she is really thinking, and to best help her express herself.
• R&R: the Routines and Rituals that give structure and predictability to daily life and a sense of continuity to holidays and special occasions.
• Rehearsals for Change: ways of preparing your toddler for new experiences by encouraging her to practice her skills in the safe, controlled setting of your family.
• Conscious Discipline: a way of teaching your toddler how to behave and manage his emotions, while being mindful of the lessons you teach with your own behavior.
Tracy knows that your child is special-a one-of-a-kind individual with her own gifts and needs-and she has dedicated this marvelous new book to helping you appreciate and respect your childs uniqueness. Whether its making new friends, mastering potty training, or eating at the family dinner table, your child will do it in her own way and at his own pace. With Tracy as your guide, you can share in the achievements of toddlerhood every step of the way.
Practical, reassuring, and written with wit and energy and boundless enthusiasm for real children and their everyday behavior, this book will be your constant companion during the magical, challenging toddler years.
As in her bestselling first title, "Secrets of the Baby Whisperer, " Tracy Hogg gives parents the tools they need to better communicate with their toddlers and handle situations from toilet training to socialization to creating a safe environment.
About the Author
Tracy Hogg is a British-trained nurse, lactation educator and newborn consultant with over twenty years experience. Her uncanny ability to understand and calm babies led to her nickname “the Baby Whisperer.” In 1995, she founded Baby Technique, through which she consults with parents individually, and organizes and teaches group classes. She lives in Los Angeles and is the mother of two daughters. You can visit her Web site at www.babywhisperer.com.
Melinda Blau is an award-winning journalist specializing in family and health topics. She is the author of ten other books and countless magazine articles. The mother of two grown children, she lives in Northampton, Massachusetts.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like