- Used Books
- Staff Picks
- Gifts & Gift Cards
- Sell Books
- Stores & Events
- Let's Talk Books
Special Offers see all
More at Powell's
Recently Viewed clear list
This item may be
Check for Availability
This title in other editions
Bath Tangle (Harlequin Single Title)
Synopses & Reviews
Her future was held by the one man she couldn't trust . . .
When the Earl of Spenborough suddenly dies, his willful and obstinate daughter Serena is devastated. Then Serena is even more horrified to find that her beloved — albeit eccentric — father's will states that her inheritance is to be held by a trustee. And none other than the Marquis of Rotherham, an arrogant and fierce noble who used to be betrothed to Serena.
Now the marquis holds Serena's entire estate, knowing that the only way she can regain her inheritance is if she weds . . .And only if the marquis gives his approval. But how can Serena trust a scoundrel to protect her happiness?
"Bath Tangle" has all the hallmarks of a classic Georgette Heyer read--witty dialogue, humorous eccentrics, a well-constructed plot and flesh-and-blood characters about whom the reader comes to genuinely care."--"New York Times" bestselling author Candace Camp. Reissue.
- Georgette is considered the pioneer of the modern Regency genre; her stories are widely sought after and collected.
- She wrote over 60 novels and short stories.
- Many of today's successful mainstream authors such as Nora Roberts and Judith McNaught have credited Georgette as their inspiration to write.
- She is the bestselling author of over 40 contemporary and historical novels.
- Secrets of the Heart (Mira Books, 2/03) spent multiple weeks on both the New York Times extended and USA Today bestseller lists.
What Our Readers Are Saying