- Used Books
- Staff Picks
- Gifts & Gift Cards
- Sell Books
- Stores & Events
- Let's Talk Books
Special Offers see all
More at Powell's
Recently Viewed clear list
New Mass Market
Ships in 1 to 3 days
Other titles in the Gaslight Mysteries series:
Murder on Marble Row (Gaslight Mysteries)by Victoria Thompson
Synopses & Reviews
When an explosion kills wealthy industrialist Gregory Van Dyke, Police Commissioner Teddy Roosevelt presumes that anarchists are responsible and personally asks Detective Sergeant Frank Malloy to track them down. Malloy is up to the challenge - but he faces a different kind of challenge when he encounters Sarah Brandt paying a condolence call on the Van Dykes. Faced with the impossibility of ever expressing his true feelings for Sarah, Frank had vowed never to see or work with her again." For her part, Sarah is glad to be working with Malloy once again in his hunt for a dangerous killer - though they clash over his conviction that the murder was politically motivated.
- Sixth in the national bestselling series
- The mass market publication of the first series hardcover
- Murder on St. Marks Place (3/00) was nominated for an Edgar Award
- Coincides with the hardcover publication of Murder on Lenox Hill (6/05)
- Reviews have favorably compared midwife Sarah Brandt and Detective Sergeant Frank Malloy to Anne Perry's Charlotte and Thomas Pitt
- Also available: Murder on Mulberry Bend (3/03), Murder on Washington Square (4/02), Murder on Gramercy Park (3/01), and Murder on Astor Place
- Author website: www.victoriathompson.com
New York City Police Commissioner Theodore Roosevelt is convinced that anarchists are responsible for the death of a wealthy industrialist. Assigned with proving this suspicion, Detective Sergeant Frank Malloy finds himself turning to his unrequited love--midwife Sarah Brandt--for help in navigating the high circles of Fifth Avenue society to catch a killer.
When New York City Police Commissioner Theodore Roosevelt becomes convinced that anarchists are responsible for the death of a wealthy industrialist, Detective Sergeant Frank Malloy must turn to his unrequited love, midwife Sarah Brandt, to catch a killer.
About the Author
Victoria Thompson is the Edgar(r) Award-nominated author of the Gaslight mystery series and 20 additional historical novels. She lives in Pennsylvania with her family.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like