- Used Books
- Staff Picks
- Gifts & Gift Cards
- Sell Books
- Stores & Events
- Let's Talk Books
Special Offers see all
More at Powell's
Recently Viewed clear list
Used Trade Paper
Ships in 1 to 3 days
Fired to Hired: Bouncing Back from Job Loss to Get to Work Right Nowby Tory Johnson
Synopses & Reviews
If you want to get hired today, you must be a great candidate and an exceptional job seeker.
Tory Johnson?s New York Times bestseller, Will Work from Home, was comprehensive and inspiring. Now, the Women For Hire CEO and Good Morning America workplace contributor returns with advice and real-life stories for finding the right job after being let go. Tory knows what it takes to get noticed and hired, and helps you create a concrete action plan?one that will help you come out stronger and more successful than ever.
Giving up is not an option. Now?s the time to get the lay of the land, sharpen your skills, and energize your search. Here you?ll learn how to:
* Get over the sting of being unemployed
* Develop a digital identity and dive into online social networking
* Ensure your resume does not get lost in a big black hole
* Build and leverage your ?I Rock? file to master essential self-promotion
* Pitch and secure an effective externship and make volunteer experience count
* Launch a valuable job club that will yield strong support, job leads, and career success
"New York Times"-bestselling author Johnson shares advice for finding a job after being let go.
About the Author
Tory Johnson is the founder and CEO of Women for Hire and the workplace contributor to Good Morning America.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like