- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
Used Mass Market
Ships in 1 to 3 days
This title in other editions
Hope and Help for Your Nervesby Claire Weekes
Synopses & Reviews
A proven program that desensitizes over-wrought nerves and eases feelings of anxiety, panic, and depression by using a variety of breathing and relaxation exercises.
"I recommend it with my whole heart."
— Ann Landers
About the Author
Dr. Claire Weekes is the author of the bestselling Peace from Nervous Suffering, also available in a Signet edition. In addition, Dr. Weekes, best known for her pioneering work in the study of nervous illness and anxiety, has lectured at psychiatric hospitals in Britain and has spoken often on radio and television both in Britain and in the United States.
Table of Contents
Hope and Help for Your Nerves 1. The Power Within You
2. How Our Nervous System Works
3. What Is Nervous Breakdown?
4. The Commonest, Simplest Form of Nervous Illness
5. Cure of the Commonest Kind of Nervous Illness
6. Cure of the More Constant Symptoms
7. Cure of Recurring Nervous Attacks
8. Fear of Leaving the Safety of Home (Agoraphobia)
9. Being Yourself Again
10. Nervous Illness Complicated by Problems, Sorrow, Guilt, or Disgrace
11. How to Cure Nervous Illness Complicated by Problems, Sorrow, Guilt, or Disgrace
14. Guilt and Disgrace
15. Simple Explanation of Strange Experiences in Nervous Illness
16. A Feeling of Unreality
19. That Dreaded Morning Feeling
21. Difficulty in Returning Home
23. Three Good Friends: Occupation, Courage, Religion
24. Dos and Dont's
25. Taking the First Steps
26. Advice to the Family
27. A Husband's Attitude to His Wife's Nervous Illness
28. Fear of Recurring Nervous Illness
29. What Kind of Person Suffers from Nervous Illness?
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like
Health and Self-Help » Health and Medicine » General