- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
New Trade Paper
Ships in 1 to 3 days
More copies of this ISBN
Other titles in the Unleashed series:
Sharepoint 2013 Unleashed (Unleashed)by Michael Noel and Colin Spence.
Synopses & Reviews
Buy the print SharePoint 2013 Unleashed and get the eBook version for free! See inside the book for access code and details.
SharePoint 2013 Unleashed is the most complete, practical resource for¿all administrators, managers, architects, users, and developers to make the most of Microsoft’s powerful new SharePoint 2013 platform.
Drawing on their experience implementing SharePoint solutions in hundreds of organizations, Michael Noel and Colin Spence focus on what administrators and knowledge workers really need to know to effectively design, implement, configure, and use SharePoint 2013. They fully address key SharePoint 2013 innovations such as PowerShell scripting to automate administration and farm provisioning; better virtualization support; improved security and authentication; new business intelligence tools, social networking improvements; enhanced lists; libraries; metadata; and more.
Step by step, through easy-to-understand examples, they help you streamline administration, optimize performance, control cost, and implement high-value solutions for collaboration, document and web content management, and business intelligence.
Detailed information on how to…
Microsoft SharePoint 2013 Unleashed is the newest version of the best-selling SharePoint Unleashed series by Michael Noel and Colin Spence. Once again, Noel and Spence deliver comprehensive, real-world coverage of everything you need to know to successfully design, implement, configure and use SharePoint 2013 solutions. Leveraging their experience with hundreds of companies of all sizes and from many different industries, Noel and Spence present best practices and expert implementation and configuration methodologies, and focus on the features and tools that provide the most value to busy professionals. This edition adds comprehensive coverage of SharePoint 2013's most valuable and productive new features, including:
Noel and Spence also offer indispensable guidance on migration, UI, and data store choices, and dependencies; and present crucial infrastructure knowledge that most SharePoint guides ignore.
About the Author
Michael Noel, MVP, MCITP, is an internationally recognized technology expert, bestselling author, and well known public speaker on a broad range of IT topics. He has authored several major industry books that have been translated into more than a dozen languages worldwide. Currently a partner at Convergent Computing (www.cco.com) in the San Francisco Bay Area, Michael’s writings and extensive public speaking experience across all seven continents leverage his real-world expertise helping organizations realize business value from Information Technology infrastructure.
Colin Spence, MCP, MCTS SharePoint, is a partner at Convergent Computing(www.cco.com) and manages the SharePoint practice for the organization. He has worked with SharePoint technologies for more than a decade and has worked with hundreds of clients architecting, implementing, configuring, and supporting SharePoint solutions that meet their unique business requirements. Colin has authored several bestselling books on SharePoint products for the Sams Publishing Unleashed series, including SharePoint 2003,2007, 2010, and now 2013. He presents regularly on SharePoint technologies, and frequently writes white papers and articles for a wide range of clients.
Table of Contents
Part I: Planning for and Deploying SharePoint Server 2013
1. Introducing SharePoint 2013
2. Architecting a SharePoint 2013 Deployment
3. Installing a Simple SharePoint Server 2013 Farm
4. Advanced SharePoint 2013 Installation and Scalability
5. Transitioning from Legacy SharePoint to SharePoint Server 2013
Part II: Administering and Maintaining SharePoint Server 2013
6. Managing and Administering SharePoint 2013 Infrastructure
7. Leveraging PowerShell for Command-Line SharePoint Administration and Automation
8. Leveraging and Optimizing Search in SharePoint 2013
9. Managing and Maintaining SQL Server in a SharePoint Environment
10. Backing Up and Restoring a SharePoint Environment
11. Monitoring a SharePoint 2013 Environment
Part III: Securing, Protecting, and Optimizing SharePoint Architecture
12. Virtualizing SharePoint Components
13. Deploying SharePoint for Extranets and Alternate Authentication Scenarios
14. Protecting SharePoint with Advanced Antivirus and Edge Security Solutions
15. Implementing and Validating SharePoint Security
16. Configuring Email-Enabled Content, Presence and Exchange Server Integration
17. Safeguarding Confidential Data in SharePoint 2013
Part IV: Using SharePoint 2013 Technologies for Collaboration and Document Management
18. SharePoint Foundation versus SharePoint Server 2013
19. Using Libraries and Lists in SharePoint 2013
20. Customizing and Managing Libraries and Lists to Meet Business Requirements
21. Designing and Managing Pages and Sites for Knowledge Workers
22. Managing Metadata and Content Types in SharePoint 2013
23. Leveraging Social Networking Tools in SharePoint 2013
24. Governing the SharePoint 2013 Ecosystem
Part V: Leveraging Office Applications with SharePoint
25. Using Word, Excel, PowerPoint with SharePoint 2013
26. Extending SharePoint 2013 with Excel Services, Access Services and Visio Graphics Services
27. Office Web Apps Integration with SharePoint 2013
28. Out of the Box Workflows and Designer 2013 Workflows
Part VI: Extending the SharePoint Environment
29. Application Development with SharePoint Designer 2013 and Visual Studio
30. Business Intelligence in SharePoint 2013 with PerformancePoint Services and PowerPivot
31. Business Intelligence in SharePoint 2013 with Business Connectivity Services
What Our Readers Are Saying
Computers and Internet » Database » Client Server