- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
Ships in 1 to 3 days
More copies of this ISBN
The New Buffettology: How Warren Buffett Got and Stayed Rich in Markets Like This and How You Can Too!by Mary Buffett
Synopses & Reviews
If you read the original Buffettology, you know exactly half of what you need to know to effectively apply Warren Buffett's investment strategies.
Published in 1997, the bestselling Buffettology was written specifically for investors in the midst of a long bull market. Since then we've seen the internet bubble burst, the collapse of Enron, and investors scrambling to move their assets — what remains of them — back to the safety of traditional blue chip companies. As price peaks turned into troughs, worried investors wondered if there was any constant in today's volatile market. The answer is yes: Warren Buffett's value investing strategies make money.
The New Buffettology is the first guide to Warren Buffett's selective contrarian investment strategy for exploiting down stocks — a strategy that has made him the nation's second-richest person. Designed to teach investors how to decipher and use financial information the way Buffett himself does, this book guides investors through opportunity-rich bear markets, walking them step-by-step through the equations and formulas Buffett uses to determine what to buy, what to sell — and when. Authors Mary Buffett and David Clark explore Buffett's recent investments in detail, proving time and again that his strategy has earned enormous profits at a time no one expects them to — and with almost zero risk to his capital.
In short, The New Buffettology is an essential companion to the original Buffettology, a road map to investment success in the worst of times.
From the bestselling authors of "Buffettology" comes the ultimate book on investing in today's down market. This accessible yet thorough guide explains how investors can use Warren Buffet's investment strategies to their advantage.
About the Author
Mary Buffett is an international bestselling author and speaker on the investment methods of Warren Buffett. She gained her unique insight while married to Warren’s son Peter for twelve years. She is gifted in her ability to make the complex world of investments easy to understand and has done so before audiences from California to New York to London to Beijing. David Clark holds degrees in both finance and law, and in the late seventies was the founding member of the original Buffettologists - a small group of early Berkshire shareholders who studied the investment methods of Warren Buffett. He is now recognized as one of the world’s leading authorities on the subject and has written extensively on it. He lives in Warren Buffett’s hometown, Omaha Nebraska, and is the Managing Director of a private partnership that invests primarily in arbitrage situations.
Table of Contents
Foreword: A Few Personal Things About a Very Private Billionaire
Introduction: How Warren Buffett Turned $105,000 into $30 Billion
1. The Answer to Why Warren Doesn't Play the Stock Market — and How Not Doing So Has Made Him America's Number One Investor
2. How Warren Makes Good Profits Out of Bad News About a Company
3. How Warren Exploits the Market's Shortsightedness
4. How Companies Make Investors Rich: The Interplay Between Profit Margins and Inventory Turnover and How Warren Uses It to His Advantage
5. The Hidden Danger: The Type of Business Warren Fears and Avoids
6. The Kind of Business Warren Loves: How He Identifies and Isolates the Best Companies to Invest In
7. Using Warren's Investment Methods to Avoid the Next High-Tech Massacre
8. Interest Rates and Stock Prices — How Warren Capitalizes on What Others Miss
9. Solving the Puzzle of the Bear/Bull Market Cycle and How Warren Uses It to His Advantage
10. How Warren Discerns Buying Opportunities Others Miss
11. Where Warren Discovers Companies with Hidden Wealth
12. Financial Information: Warren's Secrets for Using the Internet to Beat Wall Street
13. Warren's Checklist for Potential Investments: His Ten Points of Light
14. How to Determine When a Privately Held Business Can Be a Bonanza
15. Warren's Secret Formula for Getting Out at the Market Top
16. Where Warren Buffett Is Investing Now!
17. Stock Arbitrage: Warren's Best-Kept Secret for Building Wealth
18. For the Hard-Core Buffettologist: Warren Buffett's Mathematical Equations for Uncovering Great Businesses
19. Thinking the Way Warren Does: The Case Studies of His Most Recent Investments
20. Putting Buffettology to Work for You
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like