- Used Books
- Staff Picks
- Gifts & Gift Cards
- Sell Books
- Stores & Events
- Let's Talk Books
Special Offers see all
More at Powell's
Recently Viewed clear list
Ships in 1 to 3 days
More copies of this ISBN
This title in other editions
Other titles in the Better Homes & Gardens series:
Better Homes and Gardens Holiday Inspirations (Better Homes & Gardens)by Better Homes and Gardens
Synopses & Reviews
The Christmas season is a magical time of year ... a time to create lasting memories of love, laughter, and friendship. Now you can turn to Better Homes and Gardens (R) Holiday Inspirations for tempting recipes and creative decorating and crafting projects to make and share during this cherished season.
Consider the possibilities:
* Dress your home in holiday finery with festive slipcovers, pillows, rugs, and window scarves.
* Learn to make informal and formal displays for your entrance, sideboard, mantel, or side table.
* Arrange a magical glow of lights on an artificial or freshly cut tree.
*Make ornaments to hang on your tree or to give to friends and neighbors.
* Create unique indoor and outdoor wreaths using easy-to-find materials.
*Curl up by the fire and read a favorite family story after a supper of Minestrone or Nacho Cheese and Corn Chowder.
* Spend an afternoon baking and decorating an edible neighborhood of cookie house fronts.
* Pair wines and cheeses and invite friends over for a fun, informal gathering.
* Plan a holiday party — a formal sit-down dinner or a casual buffet.
* Brush up on the basics of buying, thawing, and cooking a holiday turkey.
* Delight loved ones with gifts from the kitchen such as Buttery Cashew Brittle, Cookies-in=a-Jar, or Pear-Cranberry Conserve.
* Show affection for those on your list by making them a gift such as a Christmas Memory Tray, a Recipe Box, or Aromatic Bath Oils.
* Involve your kids in crafting for the holidays with cards, gifts, ornaments, and projects you can make together.
The ultimate holiday book with chapters devoted to decorating the home, cooking fabulous holiday goodies and meals, and creating make-it-yourself gifts for kids and adults.
Create lasting memories with creative ideas that reflect your festive personality in Holiday Inspirations, the ultimate celebration guide from Better Homes and Gardens (R). It's packed with over 100 tempting recipes and 200 fun decorating and craft projects, each with easy-to-follow instructions — simple projects that make impressive gifts for Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, and New Year's.
Table of Contents
Trees and Wreaths
Giving from the Heart
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like