- Used Books
- Staff Picks
- Gifts & Gift Cards
- Sell Books
- Stores & Events
- Let's Talk Books
Special Offers see all
More at Powell's
Recently Viewed clear list
Used Trade Paper
Ships in 1 to 3 days
Idiots in Love: Chronicles of Romantic Stupidityby Leland Gregory
Synopses & Reviews
Here's best-selling humor writer Leland Gregory's sixth collection about everyday idiots-and this time they're in love! Readers are guaranteed to feel better about their own romantic misadventures after reading these jaw-dropping, hilarious tales.
Many people do crazy things in the name of love, but some people take things way too far. From failed seductions to botched proposals, from disturbing displays of affection to misguided marriages, Idiots in Love chronicles the stupid things falling in love (or falling out of it) can drive people to do:
* A female Coca-Cola employee became engaged to a Pepsi employee, and Coke demanded that she break it off, persuade her fiance to leave Pepsi, or resign from Coca-Cola. She refused and was terminated, but she later won a $600,000 settlement from the company.
* A woman in Hardwick, Georgia, divorced her husband on the grounds that he "stayed home too much and was too affectionate."
* A couple started divorce proceedings after 90 minutes of marriage.
* A Norwegian woman hid a ring in her boyfriend's porridge to propose marriage to him, but he accidentally ate the ring. Fortunately, he accepted the proposal anyway.
* In Whitesville, Delaware, it is illegal for a woman to propose to a man.
* A European survey revealed that one in nine people admit to sending themselves Valentine's Day cards.
Once again, Leland Gregory finds the absolute best and funniest anecdotes and one-liners that will have readers rolling with laughter at the amorous antics of idiots in love.
About the Author
Leland Gregory, whose five previous books have shipped more than 200,000 copies, is one of AMP's most successful non-cartoon humor authors. He coauthored the New York Times best-seller America's Dumbest Criminals and wrote Great Government Goofs, Presumed Ignorant, and Presidential Indiscretions. Leland's timely and targeted material makes him an immensely popular radio and television guest, including appearances on high-profile programs such as the Today show.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like