- Used Books
- Staff Picks
- Gifts & Gift Cards
- Sell Books
- Stores & Events
- Let's Talk Books
Special Offers see all
More at Powell's
Recently Viewed clear list
New Trade Paper
Ships in 1 to 3 days
Available for In-store Pickup
in 7 to 12 days
Slurp: Drinks and Light Fare, All Day, All Nightby Jim Hensley
Synopses & Reviews
* Sip, savor, and satisfy your thirst for cool cocktails, silky smoothies, classic coffee drinks, tantalizing teas, and much more with Slurp.
* A visual and gastronomic delight, this vivid and colorful cookbook presents both alcoholic and nonalcoholic drinks in detail, along with recipes for tasty appetizer pairings and tips on entertaining, as well as hangover remedies for "the day after."
More than 100 recipes-from morning smoothies and energy drinks to afternoon thirst quenchers, evening cocktails, and aperitifs-are presented by the time of day they would best be served.
* Breakfast: a Mimosa paired with Yogurt Müesli and Pears
* Afternoon: Watermelon, Lime, and Lemongrass Juice with Chicken and Grapefruit Salad and Yogurt Dressing
* Evening: a Flirtini alongside Scampi with Coriander and Lime
In addition to delicious drinks and mouthwatering morsels, Slurp features tips for creating a well-stocked bar, hosting a successful party, and making clever garnishes, like colorful ice cubes and homemade edible shot glasses made from cucumbers.
About the Author
Norwegian Nina Dreyer Hensley and North American Jim Hensley are photographers with their own studio in Oslo, Norway. Paul Løwe is a stylist who works with food and interior decorations. Born in Norway, he now lives in New York. In addition to several articles for European, Asian, and Australian magazines, the trio has published 16 cookbooks in various languages.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like
Cooking and Food » Beverages » Bartending and Liquor