- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
Used Trade Paper
Ships in 1 to 3 days
More copies of this ISBN
Google Docs 4 Everyoneby Steve Holzner
Synopses & Reviews
Who needs expensive, old-fashioned office software? Now, you can do everything online, free, with Google Docs! Experts Steve and Nancy Holzner offer simple, step-by-step instructions and great insider tips for making the most of Google’s powerful online word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation tools. You’ll get started fast... learn how to create and format professional-quality documents of all kinds... collaborate with colleagues to build better proposals and presentations... use advanced tools like revision history, templates, and charts... discover Google Docs’ latest features and shortcuts... and a whole lot more! No matter what kind of documents you create, this book can help you do the job better, faster, and more efficiently... and you’ll never pay for office software again!
You’ll Learn How To
• Get your free Google account and set up iGoogle for instant access to your documents
• Upload and use the documents you’ve already created with Microsoft Office
• Use Google Spreadsheet to create charts to display spreadsheet data
• Master Google Docs’ easy, powerful document-editing and formatting tools
• Insert images into your documents and presentations
• Share documents securely with your colleagues
• Back up your documents offline and edit them when you don’t have an Internet connection
Steven Holzner, former contributing editor at PC Magazine, is author of 108 computer books
that have sold more than 2.5 million copies. His most recent Pearson book is Facebook Marketing.
Nancy Holzner writes and edits technology books from her home in central New York state.
Her recent publications include books on Intuit QuickBase and Zoho. Nancy has also worked as
a medievalist, a high school teacher, and a corporate trainer.
CATEGORY: Productivity Suites
COVERS: Google Docs
USER LEVEL: Beginning-Intermediate
Book News Annotation:
After walking through the simple process of signing up for a Google account, this guide explains the features in Goggle Do‛ online word processor, spreadsheet, and slideshow applications. Black and white screenshots illustrate how to format documents, use Gogg‛s research tools, share a document with collaborators, insert a formula or image, arrange elements on a slide, and chat during a presentation. Annotation ©2009 Book News, Inc., Portland, OR (booknews.com)
About the Author
Steven Holzner is the award-winning author of many books. His books have sold more than two million copies and have been translated into 18 languages around the world. He’s been a contributing editor at PC Magazine and has been on the faculty of MIT and Cornell University, where he got his PhD.
Nancy Holzner writes and edits tech books from her home in central New York state on topics ranging from Google Apps to WAN optimization to Zoho. She is also a novelist (mystery and urban fantasy) and has worked as a medievalist, an English teacher, and a corporate trainer. Nancy holds a PhD from Brown University.
Table of Contents
1. Getting Started with Google Docs
2. Introducing Word Processing
3. Formatting Your Text
4. Numbering, Bullets, and Tables
5. Sharing and Collaborating on Documents
6. Introducing Spreadsheets
7. Spreadsheets: Formatting and Charts
8. Sharing and Collaborating With Spreadsheets
9. Introducing Presentations
10. Editing and Managing Your Presentations
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like
Business » Computers