- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
More copies of this ISBN
Other titles in the My... series:
My Macbook (Lion Edition) (My...)by John Ray
Synopses & Reviews
Step-by-step instructions with callouts to MacBook photos that show you exactly what to do.
Help when you run into MacBook or OS X Lion problems or limitations.
Tips and Notes to help you get the most from your MacBook.
Full-color, step-by-step tasks walk you through getting and keeping your MacBook working just the way you want.
The tasks include:
• Managing and arranging your desktop
• Creating and navigating virtual workspaces in Mission Control
• Opening and organizing applications in Launchpad
• Accessing the Internet through wired, wireless, and cellular networks
• Communicating via email, instant message, audio, and video chat
• Troubleshooting system problems
• Entertaining with music and videos
• Keeping in touch and on-time with Calendars and Contacts
• Downloading and managing software from the App Store and other sources
• Sharing files, printers, and even scanners over your network connection
• Expanding your capabilities with peripheral devices
• Protecting and securing your data
• Recording video and publishing it instantly online
Lightweight, friendly, thorough, and completely up-to-date, My MacBook 2/e is the must-have companion for every MacBook user. Long-time Mac expert John Ray walks MacBook users through every task they'll need to perform — from connecting to networks and the Internet to finding entertainment on the go, troubleshooting problems to maintaining security. Every task is presented step-by-step, using carefully annotated, full-color screenshots, all numbered so there's no chance of getting lost of confused. Drawing on 25 years of Mac experience, Ray presents scores of helpful tips and tidbits - as well as "It's Not All Good" sidebars that identify bugs or issues readers may encounter, and offer quick, effective solutions. With My MacBook 2/e, there's no wading through paragraphs of theory to get usable answers - and you don't have to sift through beginner-level computing skills to find the sophisticated information you really need. Everything's clearly organized to help you get up-and-running in no time, and keep your MacBooks working exactly the way you want. The only visual guide to the MacBook written from the ground up for the new Mac OS X operating system, My MacBook 2/e reflects the tasks today's Mac users want to perform, and the problems today's Mac users need to solve.
About the Author
John Ray is currently Senior Business Analyst and Development Team Manager for the Ohio State University Research Foundation. His books include Sams Teach Yourself Dreamweaver MX in 21 Days, Mac OS X Unleashed, Macromedia All-In-One, and Sams Teach Yourself iPhone Application Development in 24 Hours. He has an extensive background in computer science and engineering, and has been a Macintosh user since 1984.
Table of Contents
Getting Started with MacBook
1. Managing Your MacBook Desktop
2: Connecting Your MacBook to a Network
3: Communicating Online with Your MacBook
4: Managing Contacts and Appointments
5. Sharing Devices and Files on a Network
6: Accessing Entertainment on the Go
7. Using MobileMe to access Your Data from the Road
8: Making the Most of Your MacBook Hardware
9: Connecting Devices to Your MacBook
10: Securing and Protecting Your MacBook Data
11. Troubleshooting your MacBook System
12: Upgrading Your MacBook
A: Configuring an AirPort Extreme for your MacBook
What Our Readers Are Saying
Arts and Entertainment » Art » Style and Design