- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
Sale Trade Paper
Ships in 1 to 3 days
More copies of this ISBN
Ipad and Iphone Tips and Tricks: For IOS 5 on Ipad 2 and Iphone 4/4sby Jason R Rich
Synopses & Reviews
For iOS 5 on iPad 2 and iPhone 4/4s
Discover hundreds of tips and tricks you can use with your iPad or iPhone to maximize its functionality as you use your iOS 5 mobile device as a powerful communication, organization, and productivity tool, as well as a feature-packed entertainment device.
In addition to learning all about the apps that come preinstalled on your iPhone or iPad, you learn about some of the best third-party apps currently available and discover useful strategies for how to best utilize them.
Using an easy-to-understand, nontechnical approach, this book is ideal for absolute beginners, as well as more experienced iPad or iPhone users who want to discover how to use the iOS 5 operating system with iCloud and the latest versions of popular apps.
Here’s just a sampling of what the tips, tricks, and strategies offered in this book will help you accomplish:
• Update your iPad or iPhone with the iOS 5 operating system.
• Discover how to use the preinstalled apps on your iOS 5 device, including Notification Center and Reminders.
• Take advantage of built-in apps such as Contacts, Calendars, Safari, Mail, and Music.
• Learn how to best use Siri on the iPhone 4S.
• Find, download, and install the most powerful and versatile apps and content for your iPad or iPhone.
• Synchronize files, documents, data, and content with iCloud, your computer, or other iOS 5 devices.
• Create and maintain a reliable backup of your iOS 5 device.
• Use your iPad or iPhone as an eBook reader, portable gaming machine, and feature-packed music and video player.
iOS 5 offers hundreds of new features iPhone and iPad users have never seen before, no matter how experienced (or inexperienced) they may be. There are new core apps to learn, upgrades to existing apps, and even new on-screen finger motions to master. The new iCloud even makes it possible to wirelessly sync data between multiple iOS devices, with no PC or Mac involved. For millions of users who upgrade their iPhones or iPads, iOS 5 will be like owning an entirely new device.
That's where Jason R. Rich's iPad and iPhone Tips and Tricks comes in. This how-to guide is packed with full-color screen shots and simple step-by-step instructions that help readers master everything that's new, fast. Rich has uncovered dozens of brand-new tips, tricks, techniques, and time-saving shortcuts to make both iPad and iPhone more fun and productive than ever.
About the Author
Jason R. Rich is an avid iPhone and iPad user, and the author of 49 books and multimedia projects, including Your iPad 2 at Work, iPad 2 Essentials, How To Do Everything Blackberry PlayBook, and Mac Migration: The Small Business Guide To Switching To The Mac. Rich contributes frequently to national magazines and major daily newspapers (including the New York Daily News). He has written more than two dozen feature articles for Informit.com about the Apple iPhone and iPad for business professionals.
Table of Contents
Introduction: Introducing iOS 5: What's New and Different
1. Upgrade to iOS 5
2. Tips and Tricks for Customizing Settings
3. Strategies for Finding, Buying and Using Third-Party Apps
4. Make the Most of Notification Center
5. Communicate Effectively with iMessage
6. Stay Current Using Newsstand Features
7. Customize Your Reading Experience with iBooks
8. Make the Most of Social Networking Apps
9. Shoot, Edit and Share Photos and Videos
10. Make and Receive Calls with An iPhone
11. Use New Safari Features to Surf More Efficiently
12. Sync and Share Files Using iCloud
13. Manage Your Email Efficiently
14. Schedule and Contact Management Strategies
15. iOS 5 Gaming
16. Use the Music and Video Apps
17. Be Productive Using Pages, Keynote and Numbers
18. Video Conferencing and Voice-Over-IP
19. Use Airplay for Entertainment Connectivity
20. Stay Connected While Traveling
What Our Readers Are Saying