- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
More copies of this ISBN
Other titles in the My... series:
My Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4 (My...)by Ted Locascio
Synopses & Reviews
instructions with callouts to Photoshop Lightroom 4 images that show you exactly what to do.
when you run into Photoshop Lightroom 4 problems or limitations.
Tips and Notes
to help you get the most from Photoshop Lightroom 4.
Full-color, step-by-step tasks walk you through Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4. The tasks include how to:
• Quickly import, organize, and tag your photos
• Build and maintain a well-organized photo catalog
• Make the most of metadata, keywords, and searchable attributes
• Use Quick Develop’s fast, handy image-processing tools
• Apply localized adjustments to specific parts of an image
• Work effectively in black and white
• Reduce unwanted image noise
• Output your images to printers, slideshows, photo books, and online galleries
• Customize Lightroom’s preview, import, and backup preferences
• Add GPS metadata to your catalog images
BONUS MATERIAL: Find “Working with DSLR Video” and other bonus tasks on this book’s website at quepublishing.com/title/9780789749970
Now, for the first time, there's an easy to follow, task-oriented guide to Lightroom 4 for those who are new to the program — including a new generation of photographers who haven't used Lightroom's "predecessors," Photoshop and Photoshop Elements. Friendly, quick, and 100% practical, My Lightroom 4 walks new Lightroom users through every task they'll want to perform.
Renowned Adobe software expert Ted LoCascio covers:
Every task is presented step-by-step, using carefully annotated, full-color screenshots, all numbered so there's no chance of getting lost of confused. Everything's clearly organized in modular, self-contained chapters designed to help readers get started with Adobe Lightroom 4 fast, and get great results in no time. Throughout, the book is packed with helpful tips, lists, and quick solutions to the problems users are most likely to encounter.
About the Author
Ted LoCascio is a professional graphic designer, author, and educator. He served as senior designer at the National Association of Photoshop Professionals (NAPP) for several years and has created layouts, graphics, and designs for many successful software training books, videos, websites, and magazines.
Ted is the author of numerous software training books and videos and has contributed articles to Photoshop User magazine, Creativepro.com, the Quark Xtra newsletter, PlanetQuark.com, indesignsecrets.com, and InDesign Magazine.
He has also taught at the Adobe CS Conference, the InDesign Conference, the Pixel Conference, the Vector Conference, and PhotoshopWorld.
A graphic designer for more than 15 years, Ted’s designs and illustrations have been featured in several national newsstand and trade magazines, books, and various advertising and marketing materials. For more about Ted LoCascio, please visit tedlocascio.com.
Table of Contents
1. Getting Started with Lightroom 4
2. Previewing Photos in the Library Module
3. Organizing Images in the Library
4. Working with Metadata and Keywords
5. Searching for Images
6. Using Quick Develop
7. Adjusting Images in the Develop Module
8. Applying Localized Adjustments
9. Develop Module Workflow
10. Working in Black-and-White
11. Reducing Noise and Sharpening
12. Mapping Photos
14. Creating Books
15. Creating Slideshows
16. Creating Web Galleries
17. Working with DSLR Video
What Our Readers Are Saying
Arts and Entertainment » Photography » Equipment