- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
New Trade Paper
Ships in 1 to 3 days
Other titles in the My... series:
My Kindle Fire HD (My...)by Jim Cheshire
Synopses & Reviews
My Kindle Fire HD
Step-by-step instructions with callouts to Amazon Kindle Fire HD photos that show you exactly what to do
Help when you run in to Amazon Kindle Fire problems or limitations
Tips and Notes to help you get the most from your Amazon Kindle Fire
Full-color, step-by-step tasks walk you through getting and keeping Your Amazon Kindle Fire working just the way you want. Learn how to
• Quickly master all the basics: reading, playing, watching, browsing, and more
• Read an eBook and listen to the audiobook at the same time
• Read periodicals in full color and zoom in on articles
• Discover Calibre, a powerful eBook management tool
• Control even the largest music libraries
• Stream the latest movies, and even watch them on your TV
• Instantly find out the name of a familiar actor in a movie
• Use your Kindle Fire as a digital photo frame
• Set up a safe and fun Kindle Fire environment for your kids
• Set up your email account to work on your Kindle Fire
• Talk to friends and family over Skype
• Post to Twitter and Facebook
• Surf the Web with Amazon’s innovative Silk browser
• Use Amazon Cloud to get your stuff anywhere—even if you left your Kindle at home
CATEGORY: Consumer Electronics
COVERS: Amazon Kindle Fire HD
USER LEVEL: Beginning—Intermediate
My Kindle Fire HD is a one-stop guide on how to get the most out of this exciting new tablet, as well as how to use the Kindle Fire HD to access content from Amazon's cloud-based services. Readers will be able to tap into every feature of this device, including some of the hidden ones and those with less obvious functionality. The organized, task-based format will allow readers to quickly and easily find the exact goal they want to accomplish, all in a delightfully concise and visual manner.
The Kindle Fire HD makes it easy for consumers to:
* Read eBooks from the Amazon Kindle store and from other sources.
* Purchase and stream music and audio books.
* Watch streaming movies and TV shows.
* Read magazines and newspapers.
* Access thousands of applications in Amazon's Android app store.
* And much more..
About the Author
Jennifer Ackerman Kettell has written and contributed to dozens of books about software applications, Web design, and digital photography. She also writes fiction. When Jenn isn't writing, she can usually be found with her Kindle, reading almost a book a day. Jenn has lived all over the United States but currently calls upstate New York home.
Jim Cheshire has been writing about the Kindle since the very first Kindle device was released. No one knows more about the Kindle universe than Cheshire, and in this guide to the Kindle Fire, Cheshire shares secrets, tips, and tricks that you won't find anywhere else.
Table of Contents
1 Getting Started with the Kindle Fire
2 Loading Your Kindle Fire
3 Using Amazon’s Manage Your Kindle Page
4 Reading on the Kindle Fire
5 Managing Content with Calibre
6 Accessing and Listening to Music
7 Watching Video on Your Kindle
8 Installing and Using Apps
9 Using Social Media and Chat
10 Reading and Sending Email
11 Managing Your Personal Documents and Data
12 Giving Your Kids a Kindle Fire
13 Browsing the Web with Silk
What Our Readers Are Saying