- Used Books
- Staff Picks
- Gifts & Gift Cards
- Sell Books
- Stores & Events
- Let's Talk Books
Special Offers see all
More at Powell's
Recently Viewed clear list
New Trade Paper
Ships in 1 to 3 days
Other titles in the Que Biz-Tech series:
Google Semantic Search: Search Engine Optimization (Seo) Techniques That Get Your Company More Traffic, Increase Brand Impact, and Amplify You (Que Biz-Tech)by David Amerland
Synopses & Reviews
Optimize Your Sites for Today’s Radically New Semantic Search
Breakthrough “semantic search” techniques are already transforming Google™’s search results. If you want to be found, yesterday’s SEO techniques won’t cut it anymore. Google Semantic Search tells you what to do instead—in plain English.
David Amerland demystifies Knowledge Graph™, TrustRank™, AuthorityRank™, personalized and mobile search, social media activity, and much more. Drawing on deep knowledge of Google’s internal workings and newest patents, he also reveals the growing impact of social networks on your SEO performance. Whether you do it yourself or supervise an agency, this is your complete playbook for next-generation SEO!
• Learn how Google is delivering answers, not just links—and what it means to you
• Profit from Google Now™ and the fragmented, personalized future of search
• Prepare for Knowledge Graph™ by growing your online reputation, authority, and trust
• Stop using 10 common SEO techniques that no longer work
• Discover the truth about Trust Ranking™—and 10 steps to take right now
• Go way beyond keywords in today’s new era of content marketing
• Strengthen the “social signal” you create on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, and LinkedIn
• See why the “First Page of Google” is rapidly become obsolete
• Drive unprecedented business value from your online identity and influence
• Learn how Google captures meaning in unstructured data—and give it what it wants
• Plan for all “4 Vs” of semantic search: Volume, Velocity, Variety, and Veracity
• Rapidly transition from technical to strategic search optimization
Deep inside Google, brilliant researchers have crafted breakthrough “semantic search” techniques that are already transforming Google’s day-to-day search results. What does that mean to you? It means that if you want to be discovered on the Web, yesterday’s SEO techniques aren’t good enough anymore. Now, for the first time, there’s a book that tells you what to do instead — in plain English. Whether you’re doing your own SEO or supervising an agency, David Amerland’s Google Semantic Search will help you:
Throughout, Amerland draws on deep knowledge of Google’s internal workings to give you a complete playbook for next-generation search optimization – whether you’re doing it in-house, or you want to get maximum value from your SEO agency!
About the Author
David Amerland’s involvement with the Web goes back to the days when the number of websites in existence could fit in a printed 80-page directory and SEO consisted of keyword stuffing and pixel-wide hidden text.
Since those less enlightened days he has worked with blue-chip multinationals and individual entrepreneurs alike helping them craft SEO and social media marketing strategies that work with their internal cultures and deliver value to their target audience.
He writes for Forbes, HP UK, Social Media Today, and blogs on his own website, HelpmySEO.com. When he is not writing or surfing the Web he spends time giving speeches on how social media is changing everything.
Table of Contents
1. What is Semantic Search?
2. What is the Knowledge Graph?
3. What is New in SEO?
4. What is Authority Rank?
5. What is TrustRank?
6. What Content Marketing Now Means
7. What Social Media Marketing Can Do
8. Which Search Engine Optimization Strategies Work Now
9. How Influence Helps Search
10. What Different Search Verticals Exist Now
11. Which Google Tools You Can Use to Help Your SEO
12. Which Social Bookmarks Contribute to Google Search Ranking
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like
Business » General