- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
New Trade Paper
Ships in 1 to 3 days
Available for In-store Pickup
in 7 to 12 days
Other titles in the My... series:
My Windows 8.1 (My...)by Katherine Murray
Synopses & Reviews
My Windows® 8.1
instructions with callouts to Windows 8.1 photos that show you exactly what to do.
when you run into Windows 8.1 problems or limitations.
Tips and Notes
to help you get the most from your Windows 8.1 computer.
Full-color, step-by-step tasks walk you through getting and keeping your Windows® 8.1 computer working just the way you want. Learn how to
• Master Windows innovations you like, and keep the older techniques you’re comfortable with
• Adjust the Start screen so it works the way you want (not the other way around!)
• Get more productive with touch gestures, live tiles, and Charms
• Browse the Web faster and easier with Internet Explorer 11 tabbed browsing
• Find, download, install, and work with the best new Windows Store apps
• Copy, move, and share files using File Explorer
• Use the built-in Skype app to make super-easy free video calls
• Master the major improvements in Windows 8.1’s Photos and Music apps
• Stream movies on your computer, and share media with your Xbox
• Use cloud features to access your files everywhere, on any device you choose
• Keep your files and computer safe, secure, backed up, and working reliably
Register your book at quepublishing.com/register
Step-by-step instructions with callouts to Windows 8 "Blue" that show you exactly what to do.
Help when you run into Windows 8 "Blue" problems or limitations.
Tips and Notes to help you get the most from Windows 8 "Blue".
Full-color, step-by-step tasks walk you through getting and keeping Windows 8 "Blue" working just the way you want. Learn how to
About the Author
After writing about technology for 25 years, Katherine Murray believes there’s never been a better time to be a tech enthusiast. With the advent of Windows 8, technology is more connected and more integrated with our daily lives than ever before. She’s worked with every version of Microsoft Windows released, marveling with the masses at Windows 3.1, swearing at Windows ME, enjoying Windows XP, and threatening to throw her computer off the roof, thanks to Windows Vista. Windows 7 was her favorite version of the operating system, followed in a close second place by Windows XP. But now with Windows 8, she feels Microsoft is in sync with the times, offering a fast, fluid, and secure option for connecting with others, enjoying media, saving to the cloud, and integrating our work across multiple devices. She started writing about technology 25 years ago and still enjoys it, specializing in Microsoft Office technologies and the fascinating ways in which we stay in touch with each other through cloud technology, blogging, social media, and more. You’ll find Katherine’s blog, BlogOffice, at www.murrayblogoffice.blogspot.com. In addition to writing books, she writes regularly for CNET’s TechRepublic and Windows Secrets.
Table of Contents
*From Previous Edition
Chapter 1: Wow, Windows 8!
Chapter 2: Preparing Your Windows 8 PC and Devices
Chapter 3: Beginning with the Start Screen
Chapter 4: Working with the Windows 8 Desktop
Chapter 5: Personalizing Windows 8
Chapter 6: Securing Your Windows 8 Computer
Chapter 7: Exploring Windows 8 Apps
Chapter 8: Managing Files with File Explorer
Chapter 9: Always Online with Internet Explorer 10
Chapter 10: Connect and Communicate with Windows 8
Chapter 11: Get Entertained with Windows 8 Photos, Music, Movies, and Xbox
Chapter 12: Connect with Other Computers, Devices, and the Cloud
Chapter 13: Windows 8 Care, Feeding, and Troubleshooting
Appendix A: Windows 8 App Gallery
What Our Readers Are Saying
Arts and Entertainment » Humor » General