- Used Books
- Staff Picks
- Gifts & Gift Cards
- Sell Books
- Stores & Events
- Let's Talk Books
Special Offers see all
More at Powell's
Recently Viewed clear list
New Trade Paper
Ships in 1 to 3 days
This title in other editions
Other titles in the My... series:
My Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (My...)by Craig James Johnston
Synopses & Reviews
Step-by-step instructions with callouts to Samsung Galaxy Note 3 photos that show you exactly what to do
Help when you run into Samsung Galaxy Note 3 problems or limitations
Tips and Notes to help you get the most from your Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Full-color, step-by-step tasks walk you through getting and keeping your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 working just the way you want. Learn how to
• Make the most of Galaxy Note 3’s powerful hardware—from S Pen to sensors
• Connect the right way at the right time, with Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, VPNs, NFC, and beaming
• Transform your Galaxy Note 3 into a Wi-Fi hotspot others can share
• Access websites fast and sync bookmarks across all your devices
• Customize your wallpaper, keyboard, sound, display, and language
• Efficiently manage your life: messages, contacts, meetings, and more
• Use GPS and Google Maps to find any destination and never get lost
• Get the exact information you need right now, with Google Now
• Play, sync, and manage media—from music to YouTube videos
• Store your music collection in the cloud, so you can listen anywhere
• Make plans faster by adding participants to calls in progress
• Automatically reject calls you don’t want
• Read ebooks and magazines with Google Play or the Amazon Kindle app
• Find the best new apps and games on Google Play—even great freebies
• Keep your Galaxy Note 3 up-to-date, reliable, and secure
• Stay up-to-date seamlessly by using your Galaxy Note 3 with your Galaxy Gear smart watch
My Samsung Galaxy Note III is a full-color, visual guide to successful use of the Samsung Galaxy Note III that runs on the latest Android operating system. This task-based tutorial will teach you to use the Note III as an organizational tool, a portable media player, a navigation tool, and much more.
This book walks you through use of the Samsung Galaxy Note III’s features, including the following:
With tips and tricks for using the Samsung Galaxy Note III, descriptions and tutorials on the most commonly used functions, revised for the newest Android operating system, My Samsung Galaxy Note III will make your Note III fit the way that you live.
About the Author
Craig James Johnston has been involved with technology since his high school days at Glenwood High in Durban, South Africa, when his school was given some Apple ][ Europluses. From that moment, technology captivated him, and he has owned, supported, evangelized, and written about it.
Craig has been involved in designing and supporting large-scale enterprise networks with integrated email and directory services since 1989. He has held many different IT-related positions in his career ranging from sales support engineer to mobile architect for a 40,000-smartphone infrastructure at a large bank.
In addition to designing and supporting mobile computing environments, Craig cohosts the CrackBerry.com podcast as well as guest hosting on other podcasts, including iPhone and iPad Live podcasts. You can see Craig’s previously published work in his book Professional BlackBerry, and many books in the My series, including My BlackBerry Curve, My Palm Pre, My Note II, My HTC One, My DROID (first and second editions), My Motorola Atrix 4G, My BlackBerry PlayBook, and My HTC EVO 3D.
Craig also enjoys high-horsepower, high-speed vehicles and tries very hard to keep to the speed limit while driving them. Originally from Durban, South Africa, Craig has lived in the United Kingdom, the San Francisco Bay Area, and New Jersey, where he now lives with his wife, Karen, and a couple of cats.
Craig would love to hear from you. Feel free to contact Craig about your experiences with My Samsung Galaxy Note 3 at www.CraigsBooks.info.
All comments, suggestions, and feedback are welcome, including positive and negative.
Guy Hart-Davis is the author of approximately 100 computer books, including Kindle Fire Geekery and How to Do Everything: Samsung Galaxy Tab.
Table of Contents
Prologue: Getting to Know Your Note
Chapter 1 Contacts
Chapter 2 Using the Phone and Google Voice
Chapter 3 Audio and Video
Chapter 4 Connecting to Bluetooth,Wi-Fi, and VPNs
Chapter 5 Emailing
Chapter 6 Browsing the Web
Chapter 7 Text and Multimedia Messaging
Chapter 8 Date,Time, and Calendar
Chapter 9 Taking, Storing, and Viewing Pictures
Chapter 10 Working with Android Applications
Chapter 11 Customizing Your Note
Chapter 12 Maintaining Note and Solving Problems
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like
Computers and Internet » Computers Reference » General