- Used Books
- Staff Picks
- Gifts & Gift Cards
- Sell Books
- Stores & Events
- Let's Talk Books
Special Offers see all
More at Powell's
Recently Viewed clear list
Used Mass Market
Ships in 1 to 3 days
More copies of this ISBN
Murphy's Lawby Lori Foster
Synopses & Reviews
Quentin Murphy, a fabulously successful businessman, falls in love with a former street kid who is working three jobs to put herself though college at the age of 27.
"Lori Foster reintroduces benevolent, hunky millionaire Quinton Murphy and scrappy, virginal Ashley Miles in her unconvincing follow up to Jude's Law. Although Ashley is too busy for love trying to get ahead (she works two jobs while attending college), her sexual attraction to Quinton is so strong that they begin an affair. After thwarting the evil plans of the previous book's villain, a dangerous nutjob, Ashley's now atop his hit list, but fails to appreciate the danger she's in-or Quinton's concern for her safety. Inelegant foreshadowing that points out Ashley's resemblance to her best friend is just one of the book's clunky aspects; another is Ashley's unbelievably stubborn go-it-alone attitude, which not only grows wearisome, but calls her intelligence into question at several points as the story (and violence) progresses. And considering Foster's background in contemporary romance, toss-away phrases straight out of Regency England ('watering pot,' 'leg-shackled') strike odd notes. Still, the major issue is that Quinton must work too hard to prove his worthiness to Ashley, leaving readers to wonder why such a great hero would fall in love with such a prickly pain in the behind." Publishers Weekly (Copyright Reed Business Information, Inc.)
- Jamie was a New York Times, USA Today, and Publishers Weekly bestseller.
- Just a Hint--Clint, When Bruce Met Cyn, Perfect for the Beach, Bad Boys in Black Tie, The Secret Life of Bryan, Unexpected, Never Too Much, I Love Bad Boys, and Too Much Temptation were all USA Today bestsellers.
- Say No to Joe? was a New York Times, USA Today, and Publishers Weekly bestseller.
- All Through the Night, I Love Bad Boys, I Brake for Bad Boys, Too Much Temptation, Never Too Much, Say No to Joe?, The Secret Life of Bryan, When Bruce Met Cyn, and Just a Hint--Clint were all selections of the Rhapsody and Doubleday Book Clubs.
- Lori Foster has written more than forty novels.
The "New York Times" bestselling author of "Jamie" delivers a steamy and exciting modern-day Cinderella story in which a fabulously successful businessman sweeps a fiercely independent beauty off her feet. Original.
About the Author
Lori Foster is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of many contemporary romances.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Average customer rating based on 1 comment:
Other books you might like