- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
Used Trade Paper
Ships in 1 to 3 days
More copies of this ISBN
Pickles and Relishes: 150 Recipes from Apples to Zucchinisby Andrea Chesman
Synopses & Reviews
Turn bumper crops — fruits and all kinds of vegetables — into mouth-watering pickles and relishes as tasty as Grandmother used to make — in much less the time, with far less salt, and with no chemical additives.
New recipes for today's cooks include:
* Freezer pickles that take less than a half hour to prepare.
* Refrigerator pickles that require no canning.
* Salt-free pickles for dieters.
* Traditional dill crock pickles, including no-fail Half-Sours.
* Variations on old favorites, such as sunshine pickles, bread and butters, pickled okra, pickled cauliflower, piccalilli, dilly beans, and chutney.
* Pickles and relishes made from apples, beans, beets, carrots, corn, cauliflower, cucumbers, Jerusalem artichokes, okra, onions, parsnips, pears, peppers, purslane, pumpkins, summer squash, red and green tomatoes, watermelon, and zucchini.
Dozens of tips guarantee crisp pickles without alum. Illustrated step-by-step pickling methods provide easy guidance for even novice picklers.
Readers can turn their crops into mouthwatering pickles and relishes as tasty as grandma made. Clear, simple directions help readers make traditional and unusual pickles and relishes.
These 150 quick-and-easy recipes turn bumper crops into mouthwatering pickles and relishes, using little or no salt. All techniques meet current USDA guidelines.
Step-by-step instructions to make traditional and salt-free pickles and relishes.
About the Author
Andrea Chesman is the author of several cookbooks, including, Mom’s Best Desserts and Mom’s Best One-Dish Suppers. She lives in Vermont with her husband and two growing sons.
Table of Contents
Part I How to Make Pickles and Relishes
3 Fresh Pack and Brining
Part II Recipes
4 Bread N' Butters
5 A Host of Sweet and Sour Pickles
6 Cucumber Dill Pickles
7 Refrigerator and Freezer Pickles
8 Apple to Zucchini: Pickled Fruits and Vegetables
9 Relishes and Sauces
1 Adjusting for Altitude
2 Weights and Measures
3 What Went Wrong?
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like
Cooking and Food » By Ingredient » Herbs and Spices