- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
The Rummager's Handbook: Finding, Buying, Cleaning, Fixing, Using, and Selling Secondhand Treasuresby R S Mcclurg
Synopses & Reviews
Make your free-time hours more fun and more profitable!
Collecting and selling secondhand merchandise is an entertaining, productive, and money-making activity for thousands of people. With The Rummager's Handbook as your guide, you'll learn from an experienced rummager the techniques and knowledge needed to successfully buy, sell, collect, and recycle secondhand goods found at garage sales, flea markets, and thrift stores.
* Bargain easily, effectively, and politely with various types of sellers
* Evaluate the age and worth of everything from collectible glassware and china to dolls, toys, furniture, electrical appliances, and more
* Clean and restore a wide range of goods and surfaces safely and economically
* Store, display, and give new life to used goods in imaginative ways
* Keep track of your treasure-hunt buying and selling with a few clever inventory and record-keeping techniques
* Hold a profitable garage or yard sale with some simple planning, pricing, and displaying tips
Whether you're a treasure hunter or interested in selling the treasures that you already own, The Rummager's Handbook is a storehouse of practical tips and imaginative ideas for collecting and recycling hundreds of common objects.
Antiquing as a fun and potentially profitable pastime has never been more popular, and this book offers hundreds of tips and ideas for finding sales and auctions, bargaining, determining value, and taking it home.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 139-141) and index.
About the Author
You don't have to tell writer R. S. McClurg that one person's trash is another person's treasure! In his book, The Rummager's Handbook, R. S. includes handy hints on finding and ultimately selling used items. R. S., a bargain hunter himself, lives in Fort Dodge, Iowa.
Table of Contents
Part One: Selecting and Buying Treasures
Chapter 1: Buying
Chapter 2: How Much Is It Worth?
Part Two: Caring For and Using Your Treasures
Chapter 3: Cleaning and Repairing Treasures
Chapter 4: Storing Treasures
Chapter 5: Displaying and Using Your Treasures
Part Three: Selling Your Treasures
Chapter 6: Holding Your Own Garage Sale
Chapter 7: Other Ways of Selling
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like