- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
Used Trade Paper
Ships in 1 to 3 days
This title in other editions
Everything You Never Wanted Your Kids to Know about Sex (But Were Afraid They'dask): The Secrets to Surviving Your Child's Sexual Development from Birby Justin Richardson
Synopses & Reviews
If youve ever tried to tell your six-year-old how babies are made or your fourteen-year-old how condoms work, you know that grappling with telling your kids about sex can be a sweat-drenched exercise. But it doesnt have to be. Everything You Never Wanted Your Kids to Know About Sex (But Were Afraid Theyd Ask) is a one-of-a-kind survival guide that will help you stay sane through every stage of your childs sexual development. After interviewing scores of parents and analyzing decades of scientific research, two nationally respected, Harvard-trained physicians share their expertise in this brilliantly insightful, practical, and hilarious book that has fast become the leading resource for parents of toddlers to teens. This indispensable guide covers all the bases, including:
• What to expect at each stage of your childs development and how you can influence it from birth onward
• What to tell your kids at every age about sex and how to get the conversation going
• What to do when your five-year-old turns up naked with the girl next door, your toddler is rubbing on her teddy bear, or your six-year-old walks in on you having sex
• How to avoid unnecessary clashes with your middle-schooler while managing privacy, crushes, and what to wear
• How to encourage your teenager to use contraception without encouraging her to have sex, and how to help her choose the method thats best for her
Packed with the latest research and filled with helpful stories from real parents about what worked (and what didn't) with their kids, this authoritative volume offers advice and comfort to anyone who is hoping to have a productive dialogue with young people about sex.
About the Author
JUSTIN RICHARDSON, M.D., is an assistant professor of psychiatry at Columbia and Cornell universities and a well-known authority on kids and sex.
MARK A. SCHUSTER, M.D., PH.D., is an associate professor of pediatrics and public health at UCLA,
codirector of the Center for Child and Adolescent Health Research at RAND, and director of the UCLA/RAND Center for Adolescent Health Promotion.
From the Hardcover edition.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like
Health and Self-Help » Child Care and Parenting » General