- Used Books
- Kobo eReading
- Staff Picks
- Gifts & Gift Cards
- Sell Books
- Stores & Events
Special Offers see all
More at Powell's
Recently Viewed clear list
Ships in 1 to 3 days
available for shipping or prepaid pickup only
Available for In-store Pickup
in 7 to 12 days
More copies of this ISBN
Professional Sewing Techniques for Designers (08 Edition)by Julie Christine Cole
Synopses & Reviews
Professional Sewing Techniques for Designers is a modern, colorful, and up-to-date sewing guide that teaches fashion design students the construction skills they'll need to execute their original designs in a professional environment. Each chapter covers a particular theme such as seams, zippers, and collars and reflects the order of assembly of any garment, offering many insights into techniques appropriate to varying levels of proficiency. Detailed sketches enrich chapter content and provide visual support to the techniques covered. The methods detailed in this book are a result of the combined experience of the authors. Based on their belief that it is impossible to have good designs without having accurate patternmaking and quality construction skills, Cole and Czachor hope to increase students' sewing skills, inspire their confidence, and stimulate their creative experimentation from the beginning stages through their development as successful designers. A sample workbook is avail
- Getting Prepared
- Interfacing and Other Stabilizer
- Ruffles and Flounces
- Tucks and Pleats
- Cuffs and Other Wrist Finishes
- A Design Worksheet allows students to list all the specifications of their designs before they begin working. It will be the tool with which they manage all their sewing projects.
- Suggested sewing projects are categorized as beginning, intermediate, or advanced level.
- Stop What Do I Do If... feature highlights sewing challenges that are likely to occur with each chapter topic-so the student can solve problems themselves, without asking the instructor.
- Book blends the basic construction techniques used in home sewing with industrial applications.
- Instructor's Guide provides suggestions for planning the course and using the text in the classroom
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like
History and Social Science » World History » General