- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
Ships in 1 to 3 days
More copies of this ISBN
Other titles in the National Geographic Maps: Trails Illustrated series:
Mount Hood, Mount Hood & Willamette National Forests: Trails Illustrated - Recreation Mapsby Ti00000820
Synopses & Reviews
• Waterproof • Tear-Resistant • Topographic Map
Located just outside of Portland, Mt. Hood is the tallest peak in Oregon, the fourth highest in the Cascade Range, and a premier destination for outdoor enthusiasts. The mountain has six ski areas, the renowned Timberline Lodge located on the southern flank beside the Palmer Glacier, and is part of the 1.0M acre Mt. Hood National Forest.
Our detailed Trails Illustrated recreation map of Mt. Hood contains carefully researched trails, campsites, forest service roads, and points-of-interests.
Backcountry users will find the UTM and Latitude/Longitude grids as well as other accurate navigation features perfect for exploring the region confidently and safely.
Areas included on the map:
- Badger Creek, Bull of the Woods, Mount Hood, and Salmon Huckleberry Wilderness Areas.
- Newly Legislated Clackamas and Roaring River Wilderness Areas
- Clackamas, Collawash, Elkhorn, Roaring River, South Fork Roaring River, White River, Salmon, Eagle Creek, Sandy River, and Fifteen Mile Creek Wild and Scenic Rivers
- Pacific Crest and Oregon Trails
- South Breitenbush National Scenic Trail
- West Cascades and Mount Hood Scenic Byways
- Mount Hood National Recreation Area
- Opal Creek Scenic Recreation Area
- Olallie Lake Scenic Area
- Upper Big Bottom Special Protection Area
- Oregon State Forests
- Santiam and Timothy Lakes
- Recreation, Safety, Contact and Wilderness Permit Information
- Permit and Information for Climbing Mount Hood
About the Author
Founded in 1915 as the Cartographic Group, the first division of the National Geographic Society, National Geographic Maps has been responsible for illustrating the world around us through the art and science of mapmaking.Today, National Geographic Maps continues this mission by creating the world's best wall maps, recreation maps, atlases, and globes which inspire people to care about and explore their world. All proceeds from the sale of National Geographic maps go to support the Society's non-profit mission to increase global understanding and promote conservation of our planet through exploration, research, and education.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like
Sports and Outdoors » Outdoors » Camping and Hiking » General
Sports and Outdoors » Outdoors » Lore and Survival
Travel » General
Travel » Maps
Travel » Maps » Maps and Road Atlases
Travel » Maps » North America » United States » Pacific Northwest
Travel » North America » United States » Western States