- Used Books
- Staff Picks
- Gifts & Gift Cards
- Sell Books
- Stores & Events
- Let's Talk Books
Special Offers see all
More at Powell's
Recently Viewed clear list
Used Trade Paper
Ships in 1 to 3 days
More copies of this ISBN
Circles of Careby Ann Cason
Synopses & Reviews
"My parent needs help, but refuses to consider a nursing home." That's the dilemma facing millions of baby boomers today. How can we ensure responsible, compassionate, even uplifting care for our aging parents at home?
Mindfulness is key, Ann Cason writes. Good care begins with watching and listening, with entering the elder's world and accepting it. Drawing on decades of experience in caring for the elderly, Cason helps us understand how old age feels and how we can help.
Then, through exercises, care studies, and numerous examples and suggestions, Circles of Care shows how to:
• Work out a plan of care
• Assemble and foster a caregiving team
• Create an uplifting daily routine—and vary it creatively
• Plan nutrition, medical needs, finances, and outings
• Improve the elder's personal care and physical environment
• Ease conflicts between elders and their caregivers or families
• Avoid caregiver burnout
• Work with mood swings, confusion, and memory loss
Includes bibliographical references (p. -168).
About the Author
Ann Cason is founder and director of Circles of Care, an organization that provides homecare consulting and training services to both families and caregivers of the elderly. She has been a caregiving coordinator and consultant for over twenty years.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like