- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
New Trade Paper
Ships in 1 to 3 days
The Home Apothecary: Cold Spring Apothecary's Cookbook of Hand-Crafted Remedies & Recipes for the Hair, Skin, Body, and Homeby Stacey Dugliss Wesselman
Synopses & Reviews
An apothecary is a skilled craftsperson who compounds herbal mixtures that enhance health and beauty. Put aside the modern world of tricky marketing and harmful chemicals and create your own apothecary solutions. They’re fresh, safe, and effective—and many are made from the wholesome ingredients already in your kitchen and garden.
Inside you’ll find:
· Skin Care 101: How to make cleansers, scrubs, creams and lotions, tonics, and toners for oily, dry, sensitive, or combination skin—along with acne treatments, natural sunscreen, lip balm, and more
· Body care recipes for homemade body scrubs, massage oil, body powder, and toothpaste
· Remedies for what ails you, including healing cough syrups, compresses, teas, and tinctures
· Hair care recipes for dry, normal, or oily hair—add shine, clear up dandruff, and control thinning and volume
· Recipes for the home, including Kitchen Sink Scrub, Drawer Refresher, and Fly Deterrent
· Plus, get inspired at your farmers’ market and explore seasonal recipes for a Pumpkin Mask, Cucumber Toner, and more!
With the resurgence of small-batch, locally crafted boutiques and brands that mimic heritage brand ideals, today’s consumers are looking for a product with an emphasis on locally sourced production and ingredients. They are already stocking their pantries and fridges with natural, whole foods and relying on real ingredients for better health. The Home Apothecary offers fresh ideas for caring for the body on the outside, too. It features a bounty of recipes: more than 75 original, natural, and absolutely chemical-free body care products from face masks to bug repellent to soothing lotions. Cold Spring Apothecary’s nationally recognized green-luxury beauty and home goods formulas will be taught in such a way that readers will soon be experimenting on their own.
About the Author
Stacey Dugliss-Wesselman launched Cold Spring Apothecary (http://www.coldspringapothecary.com), a line of health, beauty, and home products that adhere to sustainable practices for people and the planet. At Cold Spring Apothecary, everything is made in small batches in Cold Spring, New York, by Stacey herself. And instead of harmful synthetic chemicals, organic ingredients are the cornerstone of each product. Stacey was the recipient of a Daily Candy Start Small, Go Big entrepreneur award in 2011. She lives in Hudson Valley, NY.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Arts and Entertainment » Humor » General