- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
New Trade Paper
Ships in 1 to 3 days
Drug Muggersby Suzy Cohen
Synopses & Reviews
Unpleasant, uncomfortable, and unexplained side effects? Drug Muggers is your side effect solution.
Prescription and over-the-counter drugs help millions of people with devastat-ing diseases and chronic conditions. But in the process, these medications can also deplete the bodys natural stores of vitamins, minerals, and hormones—the very nutrients you need to keep energy levels high, fend off infections, and be healthy. Pharmacist Suzy Cohen calls these medications “drug muggers,” and she says its essential to replenish what a drug mugger steals from your body in order to feel your best and avoid side effects. Not understanding the drug-mugging effect may lead to new “diseases” and possibly catastrophic health con-sequences.
• How to relieve uncomfortable or potentially serious side effects
• How to remain compliant with your medication and still feel well
• Which foods and drinks to avoid if you take certain medications
• How to install a nutrient security system with vitamins, minerals, and food choices
• Improve your energy levels
• Learn which minerals you need if you take heartburn medicine
• Improve digestion and relieve constipation with a simple nutrient
• Discover the antioxidant you must have to save your heart
• Get your hair and nails to grow faster by replenishing nutrients
• Find out which vitamins and minerals are the purest and highest quality
• Learn which vitamins outperform medications in some cases
Drug Muggers is an eye-opener! It reveals why you may be feeling so poorly and how to improve your well-being with affordable nutrients that are sold over the counter. You can (and will) improve the way you feel—whether or not you take medicine!
Prescription drugs help millions of people with diseases and chronic conditions, but in the process
these medications can also deplete the bodys natural stores of vitamins, minerals, and hormones and
cause other serious health issues. Pharmacist Suzy Cohen calls these medications “drug muggers” and
says its essential to replenish what a drug mugger steals from the body, to understand the side effects
of prescription drugs, and to avoid possibly catastrophic health consequences.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reports that 47 percent of Americans take at least
one prescription drug, with 21 percent taking three or more prescription medications. In Drug Muggers, patientsand their physicianswill learn why the leading medications may cause uncomfortable or seemingly unrelated side effects and how to reduce symptoms by installing a “nutrient security system” so they wont be adversely affected by drug muggers.
Cohen discusses the most important nutrients you need and identifies which medications cause
deficiencies, then suggests how to counterbalance a drugs “mugging” effect. She makes recommendations for brand-name supplements and gives easy-to-follow advice to restore balance and good health with over-the-counter vitamins and minerals and food choices.
About the Author
SUZY COHEN, RPh, has been a licensed pharmacist for more than 20 years and writes the syndicated health column “Dear Pharmacist®.” She lives in Ocala, FL.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like
Health and Self-Help » Health and Medicine » Alternative