- Used Books
- Staff Picks
- Gifts & Gift Cards
- Sell Books
- Stores & Events
- Let's Talk Books
Special Offers see all
More at Powell's
Recently Viewed clear list
More copies of this ISBN
This title in other editions
Eat This, Not That!: The No-Diet Weight Loss Solutionby David Zinczenko
Synopses & Reviews
Eat All Your Favorite FoodsAnd Watch the Pounds Disappear!
Two years after the runaway success of the original Eat This, Not That!, co-authors Matt and Dave noticed an interesting trend: Restaurants were actually cleaning up their menus! With consumers avoiding the countrys worst calorie offenses, some restaurants saw fit to remove them from the menu entirely. Consider this:
· After Chilis Awesome Blossom took the runner-up spot on the “Worst Foods in America” list, Chilis removed the appetizer from their menu entirely.
· Pepperidge Farm followed suit after being placed on the Worst Foods list and discontinued their Roasted Chicken Pot Pie.
· When Jamba Juice earned a citation on the Worst Drinks in America list, the chain stopped serving the largest size of their Chocolate Mood smoothie and recommitted itself to becoming one of the healthiest restaurant chains in the nation.
The problem is, as the old crop of calorie atrocities were eliminated, a new army of gut-bombs emerged in their place. Thats why the authors created Eat This, Not That! 2010, to empower you with the knowledge to battle a food industry bent on sabotage your waistline with unwanted and unnecessary calories. In this new-and-expanded edition, youll find fresh restaurant and supermarket comparisons, an encyclopedia of food packaging lies, and the invaluable guide to eating healthy on a budget. Essentially youll learn how to make effortless food swaps that will help you strip away 10, 20, 30 pounds or more.
Did you know:
· Choosing Prime Rib over Baby Back Ribs at Outback will save you more than 2,000 calories?
· You can save nearly 500 calories and more than 20 grams of fat just by ordering your banana split at Dairy Queen instead of Baskin-Robbins?
· A Stouffers White Meat Chicken Pot Pie has as much saturated fat as 6 scoops of ice cream? (Choose our alternative and save more than 900 calories!)
The authors of the best-selling Eat This, Not That franchise return with an expanded and updated version of the book that changed the way Americans eat. Whether you're in the frozen food aisle, the fast-food drive-thru, the local sushi restaurant, or even in your own kitchen, you are faced with dozens of food decisions every day that will either save you calories or inflate your waistline. Once upon a time, these types of daunting decisions required the wisdom of a personal nutritionist, but Eat This, Not That changed everything, providing Americans with instant access to the insider information that helped them make the right choice every time. In the completely revised and expanded edition, David Zinczenko and Matt Goulding dive even deeper into the world of restaurant, packaged, and home-cooked food to give the millions of loyal Eat This, Not That readers a second helping of the nutritional information they need to cut calories, shed pounds, and look and feel great. Features in Eat This, Not That include: - The 20 Worst Foods in America, 2009- Mood Foods: Eat to increase energy, reduce stress, boost your metabolism, and more- The Best and Worst Foods for Better Sex- The Truth about Trans Fat, High- Fructose Corn Syrup, Artificial Sweeteners, and more- Eat This, Not That to Beat Diabetes- Eat This, Not That On a Budget Whether you're looking for a low-calorie restaurant burger, a cereal that will cut pounds from your waistline, or a snack that will supercharge your metabolism, Eat This, Not That is the ultimate authority on the foods Americans eat most.
About the Author
DAVID ZINCZENKO is the editor-in-chief of Mens Health and editorial director of Womens Health. He is a regular contributor to the Today show and has appeared on Oprah, 20/20, and Primetime Live.
MATT GOULDING is the food and nutrition editor of Mens Health. He has cooked and eaten his way around the world and now lives in Pennsylvania.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like
Cooking and Food » Diet and Nutrition » Healthy Cooking