- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
Other titles in the Complete Idiot's Guides series:
The Complete Idiot's Guide to HTML5 and CSS3 (Complete Idiot's Guides)by Joe Kraynak
Synopses & Reviews
Create dynamic, interactive websites with HTML5 and CSS3.
HTML5 and CSS3 are the newest revisions of the primary standards for structuring and styling web content - major updates that enable designers and developers to streamline source code and publish more dynamic, interactive content without having to learn complex scripting languages.
The Complete Idiot's Guide(r) to HTML5 and CSS3 provides both new and existing web developers the tools they need to code and design the web content that people increasingly expect to experience when they surf the web. Even better, you learn HTML5 and CSS3 in the context of building a website with a content management system (CMS), such as WordPress. You can then apply your knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3 to customize your site, instead of starting from scratch. You discover how to:
* Design and maintain a website using web-based tools instead of a complicated HTML editor.
* Code pages properly using the new HTML5 structure tags.
* Embed audio and video using the new HTML5 tags.
* Apply a CSS theme to format pages, and customize the theme using CSS3 styles.
* Use CSS3 to round box corners and make images and backgrounds more or less transparent.
* Take full advantage of new CSS3 transformation and animation features to animate objects on a page, create image rollovers, and build your own drop-down menus.
* Test and fine-tune your site to make it load faster and look just right.
* Perform an SEO audit of your site and keyword-optimize your site's content.
The Complete Idiot's Guide(r) to HTML5 and CSS3 features:
* 16-page color insert
* HTML5 Quick Reference
* CSS3 Properties and Values Quick Reference
* HTML Special Characters and Symbols Quick Reference
* Speak Like a Geek Glossary
From the Author
Although this book focuses primarily on HTML5 & CSS3, it presents these topics in the context of building a web site. When you're first getting started, building a site from scratch using only HTML and CSS can be overwhelming. You're usually better off starting with a content management system (CMS), such as WordPress, and a pre-designed theme. You can then use your knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3 to customize your site, instead of starting from scratch. This approach gets your site up and running as quickly as possible and allows you to learn more at a more comfortable pace.
What's next for web developers who want creative, competitive sites.
The newest revision of HTML (HyperText Markup Language), the primary markup language for most of the content on the web. It's a major update that incorporates video playback, animation, and drag and drop. CSS3 is the latest version of Cascading Style Sheets, a style sheet language that is used in conjunction with HTML to enhance the presentation of web content. The Complete Idiot's Guide(r) to HTML5 and CSS3 provides both new and existing web developers with the tools they need to code and design the web content people increasingly expect to see when they open their browser of choice to surf the web.
? Apple's decision to support HTML5 instead of Adobe Flash on the iPhone and iPad is expected to increase the transition to HTML5/CSS3.
? Includes a 16-page color insert.
About the Author
Joe Kraynak has taught thousands of novice computer users to master their computers and software. He is the author of Using and Upgrading PCs, CliffsNotes Buying Your First PC, More Easy Windows 98, Easy Internet, The Complete Idiot's Guide(r) to Microsoft Office XP, and Absolute Beginner's Guide to Excel 2003.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like
Arts and Entertainment » Art » Art Business Guides