- Used Books
- Staff Picks
- Gifts & Gift Cards
- Sell Books
- Stores & Events
- Let's Talk Books
Special Offers see all
More at Powell's
Recently Viewed clear list
This item may be
Check for Availability
Lonely Planet Mozambique (Lonely Planet Mozambique)
Synopses & Reviews
Get the best out of Mozambique with Lonely Planet. Our 3rd edition will have you diving with manta rays in Tofo, watching wildlife on safari in Gorongosa National Park, partying the night away amid Maputo's thriving nightlife, hiking the misty mountains of the Chimanimani ranges and island hopping by dhow in the Quirimbas Archipelago.
Lonely Planet guides are written by experts who get to the heart of every destination they visit. This fully updated edition is packed with accurate, practical and honest advice, designed to give you the information you need to make the most of your trip.
In This Guide:
Diving Chapter reveals the top spots to take the plunge
Expanded coverage of Northern Mozambique, one of the continent's last frontiers
Green Index helps you to make your travels ecofriendly
The best guide to Mozambique, the undiscovered gem of Africa, is written by expert author Mary Fitzpatrick, former Mozambique resident. Includes in-depth information on diving and outdoor activities.
- the best-selling guide to southern Africa's top beach destination- where to stay and eat to suit all tastes and all pockets- provides information on Mozambican architecture, music and food- essential Portuguese language chapter
Introducing the country's music, dancing, literature and architecture, this comprehensive guide offers an insight into Mozambique's legends and traditional religions. It offers information on everything from birdwatching, beach-lazing, snorkelling and surfing as well as a handy language guide.
Hear the Afro-Latino rhythms of Maputo's streets from the back seat of a vintage habana.
Climb barefoot up the misty heights of sacred Monte Gorongosa.
Watch the spirits of the dead come to life at a masked mapiko dance.
Hum to attract a humpback whale while snorkelling in Two Mile Reef with dolphins and dugong.
In This Guide:
One author, 2500km of coastline, 42 hilariously cramped bus rides and countless acts of kindness.
All new diving chapter - your cutting-edge guide to the best diving spots and wildlife experiences.
Who We Are
At Lonely Planet, we see our job as inspiring and enabling travelers to connect with the world for their own benefit and for the benefit of the world at large.
What We Do
• We offer travelers the world’s richest travel advice, informed by the collective wisdom of over 350 Lonely Planet authors living in 37 countries and fluent in 70 languages.
• We are relentless in finding the special, the unique and the different for travellers wherever they are.
• When we update our guidebooks, we check every listing, in person, every time.
• We always offer the trusted filter for those who are curious, open minded and independent.
• We challenge our growing community of travelers; leading debate and discussion about travel and the world.
• We tell it like it is without fear or favor in service of the travelers; not clouded by any other motive.
What We Believe
We believe that travel leads to a deeper cultural understanding and compassion and therefore a better world.
What Our Readers Are Saying