- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
Used Trade Paper
Ships in 1 to 3 days
This title in other editions
Lonely Planet Trans-Siberian Railway (Lonely Planet Trans-Siberian Railway)by Simon Richmond
Synopses & Reviews
The only guidebook you'll need on this epic train journey. Ride the rails through Russia in a week, or take a month to explore Siberian outback towns, learn throat singing in the wild Tuva Republic or meet Mongolian nomads. This inspirational guide will help you to make the most of every moment during this trip of a lifetime.
Talk Like A Local - Russian, Mandarin and Mongolian language guides including helpful phrases and extended food glossaries.
Never Get Lost - with 65 maps of major cities and regions, train routes and coverage of the BAM for the truly adventurous.
Travel Smart - new trip-planning and itineraries chapters to help you devise your route.
Keep Good Company - our expert authors have been everywhere and done it all to help make your journey more rewarding and hassle-free.
Be In The Know - in-depth history, culture, environment and cuisine chapters will keep you informed (and entertained) en route.
Lonely Planet knows the Trans-Siberian Railway. Our 3rd edition helps you build the perfect itinerary, perhaps taking in Moscow's sumptuous art scene, racing on horseback across the vast Mongolian steppes, sipping green tea in the shade of Beijing's Forbidden City, or sharing experiences with fellow passengers.
Lonely Planet guides are written by experts who get to the heart of every destination they visit. This fully updated edition is packed with accurate, practical and honest advice, designed to give you the information you need to make the most of your trip.
In This Guide:
Essential tips on route planning, when to go and visas
Locals and experts name their journey highlights in a full color section
Insider advice on the best dining carriages, stopovers and vodka endurance
Who We Are
At Lonely Planet, we see our job as inspiring and enabling travelers to connect with the world for their own benefit and for the benefit of the world at large.
What We Do
• We offer travelers the world’s richest travel advice, informed by the collective wisdom of over 350 Lonely Planet authors living in 37 countries and fluent in 70 languages.
• We are relentless in finding the special, the unique and the different for travellers wherever they are.
• When we update our guidebooks, we check every listing, in person, every time.
• We always offer the trusted filter for those who are curious, open minded and independent.
• We challenge our growing community of travelers; leading debate and discussion about travel and the world.
• We tell it like it is without fear or favor in service of the travelers; not clouded by any other motive.
What We Believe
We believe that travel leads to a deeper cultural understanding and compassion and therefore a better world.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like