- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
New Trade Paper
Ships from International Warehouse (read more)
available for shipping only
Not available for In-store Pickup
Africa Phrasebook (Lonely Planet Phrasebook: Africa)by Yiwola Awoyale
Synopses & Reviews
Africa is iconic wildlife, stunning geography, wondrous architecture and bustling cities - and well over an estimated 1000 languages. Here we give you the 13 that will open your mind - and mouth - to this amazing continent. From Afrikaans to Zulu, talk your way to where you want to go, and what you want to do. Immerse yourself in the culture section packed with fascinating and useful info on this unique region.
Our phrasebooks give you a comprehensive mix of practical and social words and phrases in more than 120 languages. Chat with the locals and discover their culture - a guaranteed way to enrich your travel experience.
Atlanta Journal-Constitution, May 27, 2004
"...Lonely Planet phrase books have long taken a hip, streetwise approach."
Who We Are
At Lonely Planet, we see our job as inspiring and enabling travelers to connect with the world for their own benefit and for the benefit of the world at large.
What We Do
• We offer travelers the world’s richest travel advice, informed by the collective wisdom of over 350 Lonely Planet authors living in 37 countries and fluent in 70 languages.
• We are relentless in finding the special, the unique and the different for travellers wherever they are.
• When we update our guidebooks, we check every listing, in person, every time.
• We always offer the trusted filter for those who are curious, open minded and independent.
• We challenge our growing community of travelers; leading debate and discussion about travel and the world.
• We tell it like it is without fear or favor in service of the travelers; not clouded by any other motive.
What We Believe
We believe that travel leads to a deeper cultural understanding and compassion and therefore a better world.
Brand new edition to the Phrasebook series. Covers an increasingly popular region with very little competition. Features 12 key languages packed with useful words and phrases to get you anywhere in Africa. Simple pronunciation guide throughout and easy color tab navigation.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like