- Used Books
- Staff Picks
- Gifts & Gift Cards
- Sell Books
- Stores & Events
- Let's Talk Books
Special Offers see all
More at Powell's
Recently Viewed clear list
Used Trade Paper
Ships in 1 to 3 days
More copies of this ISBN
Lonely Planet Nepal (Lonely Planet Nepal)by Bradley Mayhew
Synopses & Reviews
Shangri-la exists. Trek to the top of the world, or share a smile with a Buddhist monk; raft down a mountain gorge, or glimpse a living Hindu goddess - in Nepal adventure and culture go hand in hand. With this definitive guide, you'll tread lightly through the best of the Himalaya.
Climb Every Mountain - with our in-depth trekking chapter covering the big walks around Annapurna, Everest and Langtang.
Ford Every Stream - on a mountain bike, in a white-water kayak or even on a canyoning trip, our Outdoor Activities chapter will leave you breathless.
Follow Every Rainbow - you're sure to find what you want with 49 detailed maps.
The Hills Are Alive - bathe the elephants in Royal Chitwan, spot tigers and rhinos in Royal Bardia or dodge the yeti in Sagarmatha.
Lonely Planet has found the best of Nepal. Lose yourself in the temple-strewn alleys of Bhaktapur, the quiet beauty of a Himalayan vista or the vibrant excitement of a Bodhnath Stupa pilgrimage - then find your next adventure with our 8th edition of this indispensable guide.
Lonely Planet guides are written by experts who get to the heart of every destination they visit. This fully updated edition is packed with accurate, practical and honest advice, designed to give you the information you need to make the most of your trip.
In This Guide:
Adrenaline-packed activities chapter has you paddling, biking and climbing Nepal
Full-Color Feature reveals the best temples, festivals and mountain trails
Green Index helps you tread lightly
Who We Are
At Lonely Planet, we see our job as inspiring and enabling travelers to connect with the world for their own benefit and for the benefit of the world at large.
What We Do
• We offer travelers the world’s richest travel advice, informed by the collective wisdom of over 350 Lonely Planet authors living in 37 countries and fluent in 70 languages.
• We are relentless in finding the special, the unique and the different for travellers wherever they are.
• When we update our guidebooks, we check every listing, in person, every time.
• We always offer the trusted filter for those who are curious, open minded and independent.
• We challenge our growing community of travelers; leading debate and discussion about travel and the world.
• We tell it like it is without fear or favor in service of the travelers; not clouded by any other motive.
What We Believe
We believe that travel leads to a deeper cultural understanding and compassion and therefore a better world.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like