- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
Lonely Planet Rome (Lonely Planet Rome)by Duncan Garwood
Synopses & Reviews
A timeless city built by saints and emperors, Rome’s grandeur awes and inspires. Be conquered by the greatness of the Pantheon, St Peter’s or the Roman Forum, discover seemingly forgotten frescoes and ancient mosaics or amble through sun-drenched piazzas and indulge yourself at Rome’s best gelaterie. Choose your own Roman adventure with this stylish guide by our resident author.
FULL-COLOUR MAPS – make navigating the cobbled alleys and remote quarters of Rome easy.
ART & ARCHITECTURE – the lowdown on the most notable monuments and hidden galleries.
BEST DAY TRIPS – all the practical information you need to explore beyond the centre.
DISCERNING REVIEWS – from designer restaurants to family-run trattorias, we’ll take you to the best of this gastronomic heartland.
Who We Are
At Lonely Planet, we see our job as inspiring and enabling travelers to connect with the world for their own benefit and for the benefit of the world at large.
What We Do
• We offer travelers the world’s richest travel advice, informed by the collective wisdom of over 350 Lonely Planet authors living in 37 countries and fluent in 70 languages.
• We are relentless in finding the special, the unique and the different for travellers wherever they are.
• When we update our guidebooks, we check every listing, in person, every time.
• We always offer the trusted filter for those who are curious, open minded and independent.
• We challenge our growing community of travelers; leading debate and discussion about travel and the world.
• We tell it like it is without fear or favor in service of the travelers; not clouded by any other motive.
What We Believe
We believe that travel leads to a deeper cultural understanding and compassion and therefore a better world.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like