- Used Books
- Staff Picks
- Gifts & Gift Cards
- Sell Books
- Stores & Events
- Let's Talk Books
Special Offers see all
More at Powell's
Recently Viewed clear list
Lonely Planet Canada 9TH Editionby Lonely Planet
Synopses & Reviews
Wanna get soaked by Niagara Falls? Stick your nose into Montral"s markets? Trek arctic Nunavut? Whatever your dreams of the Great White North, this authoritative guide will whisk you all the way from Whistler"s mountains to the beaches of Prince Edward Island, stopping at must-see Canadian landmarks and for hidden vistas along the way.
Explore the country from coast to coast with the expert advice of our team of authors, including contributions by Will Ferguson and other notable Canadians.
Hit The Road and never get lost with 120 trustworthy maps - more than any other guidebook to Canada.
Find The Fun with opinionated reviews of epic sights, outdoor adventures, smart places to stay, tempting eateries and scintillating nightlife.
Be Inspired by full-color highlights, independent itineraries and in-depth culture, history and environment chapters.
Talk The Talk with our authoritative French language chapter.
Mosey past moose on the Cabot Trail through to the vast Cape Breton Highlands National Park
Quench your thirst for high-mountain adventure amidst the jaw-dropping scenery of the wild Rockies
Go easy on the maple syrup while sampling the nouvelle cuisine of Montreal and Canada's other foodie havens
Spot caribou and arctic wolves while hiking through 'the land that never melts'
In This Guide:
14 authors, 21,522 km driven in 371 days, 45 moose sightings
All new, inspiring Outdoors chapter and stunning color section on Canada's national parks
Informative interviews with locals from every corner of the country
Content updated daily: visit lonelyplanet.com for up-to-the-minute reviews, updates and traveler insights
Written by Canadian-born writers and regional experts, this ninth edition offers a new environment chapter that focuses on the country's most popular tourist attractions--its stunning national parks and wildlife. Also included is an indispensable language chapter on Canadian French. of color illustrations. 120 maps.
Who We Are
At Lonely Planet, we see our job as inspiring and enabling travelers to connect with the world for their own benefit and for the benefit of the world at large.
What We Do
• We offer travelers the world’s richest travel advice, informed by the collective wisdom of over 350 Lonely Planet authors living in 37 countries and fluent in 70 languages.
• We are relentless in finding the special, the unique and the different for travellers wherever they are.
• When we update our guidebooks, we check every listing, in person, every time.
• We always offer the trusted filter for those who are curious, open minded and independent.
• We challenge our growing community of travelers; leading debate and discussion about travel and the world.
• We tell it like it is without fear or favor in service of the travelers; not clouded by any other motive.
What We Believe
We believe that travel leads to a deeper cultural understanding and compassion and therefore a better world.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like