- Used Books
- Staff Picks
- Gifts & Gift Cards
- Sell Books
- Stores & Events
- Let's Talk Books
Special Offers see all
More at Powell's
Recently Viewed clear list
Used Trade Paper
Ships in 1 to 3 days
Lonely Planet South India (Lonely Planet South India)by Sarina Singh
Synopses & Reviews
Discover South India
Let the night's festivities wash away with the tide while relaxing on a palm-fringed beach in Goa.
Perform a puja at a Hindu temple: scoop smoke from a burning lamp and 'wash' your face.
Feast like a maharaja on tasty thalis in Mumbai (Bombay) and sumptuous seafood in Kerala.
In This Guide:
26 years of experience covering India - no other guide is better positioned to advise you on the country's south.
All the content on the South from our India guide with extensive coverage of Goa's beaches and Kerala's backwaters.
New activities chapter covers everything from wildlife safaris to Ayurveda, ashrams and yoga courses.
Visit lonelyplanet.com for up-to-the-minute reviews, updates and traveler suggestions.
South India is distinct from the north and Lonely Planet knows how. We've explored the lush waterways of Kerala, bartered in Mumbai's bazaars, taken tea in charming hill stations and sampled seafood in Goa's beach shacks. Of these, we've picked only the best and our 5th edition takes you to them.
Lonely Planet guides are written by experts who get to the heart of every destination they visit. This fully updated edition is packed with accurate, practical and honest advice, designed to give you the information you need to make the most of your trip.
In This Guide:
Spicy full-color section reveals the tastiest local delicacies
Exclusive itineraries guide you to the top temples, beaches and more
Green Index helps you tread lightly
This new edition offers more coverage of Goas beaches and Keralas backwaters, as well as highly detailed itineraries. Once backpacker territory, South India now attracts all kinds of travelers.
Who We Are
At Lonely Planet, we see our job as inspiring and enabling travelers to connect with the world for their own benefit and for the benefit of the world at large.
What We Do
• We offer travelers the world’s richest travel advice, informed by the collective wisdom of over 350 Lonely Planet authors living in 37 countries and fluent in 70 languages.
• We are relentless in finding the special, the unique and the different for travellers wherever they are.
• When we update our guidebooks, we check every listing, in person, every time.
• We always offer the trusted filter for those who are curious, open minded and independent.
• We challenge our growing community of travelers; leading debate and discussion about travel and the world.
• We tell it like it is without fear or favor in service of the travelers; not clouded by any other motive.
What We Believe
We believe that travel leads to a deeper cultural understanding and compassion and therefore a better world.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like