- Used Books
- Staff Picks
- Gifts & Gift Cards
- Sell Books
- Stores & Events
- Let's Talk Books
Special Offers see all
More at Powell's
Recently Viewed clear list
More copies of this ISBN
Other titles in the Lonely Planet Buenos Aires Encounter series:
Buenos Aires Encounter (Lonely Planet Buenos Aires Encounter)by Terry Carter
Synopses & Reviews
What Will Your Buenos Aires Encounter Be?
...locking eyes and twisting legs during a steamy tango at Confiteria Ideal (p10)
...sipping a glass of inky Malbec in a stylish wine bar (p20)
...meandering among elaborate mausoleums and marble angels in Cementerio de la Recoleta (p11)
...snapping up cutting-edge fashions by local designers in Palermo Viejo (p115)
...cheering yourself hoarse at a spirited futbol match at La Bombonera Stadium (p12)
...dancing till dawn in one of Costanera Norte's thumping clubs (p128)
Discover Twice the City in Half the Time...
...full-color pull-out map and detailed neighborhood maps for easy navigation
...our discerning authors recommend the best sights, restaurants, shops and entertainment
...hand-picked highlights and itineraries help you make the most of a short trip
...local experts share their Buenos Aires: from an artist's advice on where to see and buy contemporary art to a hotelier's tips on BA's sizzling gay nightlife
Organized by neighborhood for a truly local experience, this guide explores this incredibly hip, fast-changing city and targets short-break travelers. Full color. 14 maps.
Try a steamy tango or meander among marble angels in Cementerio de la Recoleta. Organized by neighborhood for a truly local experience, this full-color insider guide explores this incredibly hip, fast-changing city and targets short-break travelers.
Who We Are
At Lonely Planet, we see our job as inspiring and enabling travelers to connect with the world for their own benefit and for the benefit of the world at large.
What We Do
• We offer travelers the world’s richest travel advice, informed by the collective wisdom of over 350 Lonely Planet authors living in 37 countries and fluent in 70 languages.
• We are relentless in finding the special, the unique and the different for travellers wherever they are.
• When we update our guidebooks, we check every listing, in person, every time.
• We always offer the trusted filter for those who are curious, open minded and independent.
• We challenge our growing community of travelers; leading debate and discussion about travel and the world.
• We tell it like it is without fear or favor in service of the travelers; not clouded by any other motive.
What We Believe
We believe that travel leads to a deeper cultural understanding and compassion and therefore a better world.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like