- Used Books
- Staff Picks
- Gifts & Gift Cards
- Sell Books
- Stores & Events
- Let's Talk Books
Special Offers see all
More at Powell's
Recently Viewed clear list
This title in other editions
Other titles in the Lonely Planet Pocket Guide Los Angeles series:
Los Angeles Encounter (Lonely Planet Los Angeles Encounter )by Amy Balfour
Synopses & Reviews
What Will Your Los Angeles Encounter Be?
...hunting for handbags and dodging the paparazzi on Robertson Blvd (p62)
...an ocean view and pumpkin-spice pancakes on the sunny patio at Uncle Bill's (p22, p122)
...marveling at Judy Garland's tiny foot next to yours at Grauman's Chinese Theatre (p12, p39)
...escaping from Disneyland's manic energy on the Haunted Mansion Ride (p154)
...a Venice Beach stroll through sun-loving palms, oiled chests, bongo drummers and jewelry vendors (p20, p108)
...shooting Chinese herb whiskey with the regulars at a Los Feliz opium den-style bar (p61)
Discover Twice the City in Half the Time...
...full-color pull-out map and detailed neighborhood maps for easy navigation
...our fabulous resident author recommends the very best sights, restaurants, shops and entertainment
...unique itineraries and highlights help you make the most of a short trip
...local voices: Charlie Sheen's stand-in, a veteran surfer and the owner of Star Maps share the LA love
Packed with fresh perspectives on L.A.'s best beaches, the downtown revival, and a whole new take on Disneyland, this handbook focuses on less-touristy experiences for short-stay travelers. Full color. 14 maps.
Who We Are
At Lonely Planet, we see our job as inspiring and enabling travelers to connect with the world for their own benefit and for the benefit of the world at large.
What We Do
• We offer travelers the world’s richest travel advice, informed by the collective wisdom of over 350 Lonely Planet authors living in 37 countries and fluent in 70 languages.
• We are relentless in finding the special, the unique and the different for travellers wherever they are.
• When we update our guidebooks, we check every listing, in person, every time.
• We always offer the trusted filter for those who are curious, open minded and independent.
• We challenge our growing community of travelers; leading debate and discussion about travel and the world.
• We tell it like it is without fear or favor in service of the travelers; not clouded by any other motive.
What We Believe
We believe that travel leads to a deeper cultural understanding and compassion and therefore a better world.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like