- Used Books
- Staff Picks
- Gifts & Gift Cards
- Sell Books
- Stores & Events
- Let's Talk Books
Special Offers see all
More at Powell's
Recently Viewed clear list
Lonely Planet Code Green: Trips of a Lifetime That Won't Cost the Earthby Kerry Lorimer
Synopses & Reviews
Code Green is about discovering a more authentic travel experience. One that will challenge, change and inspire you.
It's about a connection. The connection you make with places of beauty. The connection you make with people who lead very different live from you. And it's about making connections in a sustainable way, so that the same opportunities will be there for the future.
Code Green is an alert to the need for change in the way we travel. It draws together almost 100 responsible travel experiences from across the planet, from budget backpacking to serious luxury, all linked by three defining principles; tread lightly on the environment, immerse yourself in the culture and have a positive economic benefit for the local community.
Body & Soul, September 2006
"Code Green...features accounts of some of the world's best sustainable travel experiences, stunning photography, [and] pragmatic advice.."
Sierra Magazine, October 2006
"...the heart of this book is its daydream-inspiring descriptions of trips."
An inspiring, entertaining, and practical approach to sustainable travel, this guide is for people looking for unique and culturally authentic travel experiences that protect and preserve the ecological and cultural environment. Two color.
Who We Are
At Lonely Planet, we see our job as inspiring and enabling travelers to connect with the world for their own benefit and for the benefit of the world at large.
What We Do
• We offer travelers the world’s richest travel advice, informed by the collective wisdom of over 350 Lonely Planet authors living in 37 countries and fluent in 70 languages.
• We are relentless in finding the special, the unique and the different for travellers wherever they are.
• When we update our guidebooks, we check every listing, in person, every time.
• We always offer the trusted filter for those who are curious, open minded and independent.
• We challenge our growing community of travelers; leading debate and discussion about travel and the world.
• We tell it like it is without fear or favor in service of the travelers; not clouded by any other motive.
What We Believe
We believe that travel leads to a deeper cultural understanding and compassion and therefore a better world.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like