- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
This item may be
Check for Availability
Stockholm Encounter (Lonely Planet Stockholm Encounter)
Synopses & Reviews
What Will Your Stockholm Encounter Be?
...catching a poetry reading at Street, Sodermalm's hippest market and hangout (p18)
...sampling a cloudberry truffle at Chokladfabriken (p94)
...pondering pygmy marmosets at the open-air Skansen museum (p80)
...savoring fika (coffe and cake) in the barrel-vaulted cellar of Cafe Art (p45)
...picking up some new threads at trendsetting Acne's flagship store (p59)
...zipping around in the Baltic Sea on a RIB (Rigid Inflatable Boat) (p20)
Discover Twice the City in Half the Time...
...full-color pull-out map and detailed neighborhood maps for easy navigation
...our expert author recommends the very best sights, restaurants, shops and entertainment
...unique itineraries, from keeping your budget under control to embracing the city during its Nordic winter chill
...locals share their insights: an editor dispels Swedish stereotypes and a designer defines what keeps Stockholm style so avant-garde
Written by an expert Swedish-speaking author, this guide contains a superior highlights section that includes information on amazing sights, trends, and subcultures within the city. Full color. Maps.
Who We Are
At Lonely Planet, we see our job as inspiring and enabling travelers to connect with the world for their own benefit and for the benefit of the world at large.
What We Do
• We offer travelers the world’s richest travel advice, informed by the collective wisdom of over 350 Lonely Planet authors living in 37 countries and fluent in 70 languages.
• We are relentless in finding the special, the unique and the different for travellers wherever they are.
• When we update our guidebooks, we check every listing, in person, every time.
• We always offer the trusted filter for those who are curious, open minded and independent.
• We challenge our growing community of travelers; leading debate and discussion about travel and the world.
• We tell it like it is without fear or favor in service of the travelers; not clouded by any other motive.
What We Believe
We believe that travel leads to a deeper cultural understanding and compassion and therefore a better world.
What Our Readers Are Saying