- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
Sale Trade Paper
Ships in 1 to 3 days
More copies of this ISBN
Footprint Egypt Handbook (Footprint Egypt Handbook)by Vanessa Betts
Synopses & Reviews
Watch the sun rise through the wind-sculpted rocks of the White Desert, explore the minarets, museums and markets of Cairo, marvel at the worlds oldest and greatest tourist attraction, the Pyramids of Giza, Footprints 6th edition of the Egypt Handbook is the perfect companion for the adventurous traveler wanting to get the most out of this awe-inspiring country. The land rich with culture, inspiring landscapes, luxurious cruises and underwater worlds is on every travelers must-see list and Footprints new edition is the ideal companion to help you make sense of it all.
· Includes carefully selected itineraries offering advice on how to get the best out of your trip whether youre travelling for a week or a month
· Extensive thoroughly researched information to help you plan your trip as well as advise you on the ground
· The heart of the guide is broken in to the key regions of Egypt Cairo, Middle Egypt, Luxor, South of Luxor, Alexandria and the Mediterranean Coast, Suez Canal, Sinai, Red Sea and the Eastern Desert, Western Desert- and gives you comprehensive information on each of these regions
· Each regional section has an overview map, local information on how to get around with transport and street maps where relevant, a short history of the region, thorough advice on what to see and do and a directory of key local information on banks, embassies, internet cafes and medical services.
· Key local words and phrases are included to help you communicate ensuring an even better travel experience
From Luxors crumbling temples to the Red Seas top dive sites, Footprints fully updated 6th edition will help you get the best out of this awe-inspiring destination.
Discover the world's oldest tourist destination with Footprint's fully revised and updated 6th edition of Egypt.
Cairo, camels, and citadels, belly dancing and Bedouins--all this and more awaits the intrepid explorer in Egypt. Whether you want to dive the Red Sea, sail down the Nile in a felucca, or uncover temples and tombs, this guide has it all. It includes a comprehensive background and history section, plus thorough listings on the best activities, where to find the best food and drink, and how to get around. With all the information you need in an easily portable format, including detailed street maps and regional maps throughout, Egypt Handbook is the ultimate traveler's resource.
About the Author
Vanessa Betts is a writer and editor from England. She went to India in 1997, as the first stop on a round-the-world ticket, and then found out that nowhere else could quite compare. After time spent living and working in Australia, Egypt and England she has been based in India, chiefly in Kolkata, since March 2006.
Table of Contents
Planning your trip; Essentials; Cairo; Around Cairo and the Nile delta; Middle Egypt; Luxor; South of Luxor; Alexandria and the Mediterranean Coast; Suez Canal Zone; Sinai; Red Sea and the Eastern Desert; Western Desert; Background; Footnotes.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Travel » Africa » General
Travel » General
Travel » Middle East