- Used Books
- Staff Picks
- Gifts & Gift Cards
- Sell Books
- Stores & Events
- Let's Talk Books
Special Offers see all
More at Powell's
Recently Viewed clear list
Navigating Comprehensive School Changeby Thomas G. Chenoweth
Synopses & Reviews
This book, an accessible resource for busy practitioners, is a unique hybrid of two genres:
As a tourist guide, it shows you:
- how to prepare for the journey
- what to pay attention to upon arrival
- how to deal with the unexpected
As a consumer report, it helps you:
- identify some of the best tools and sources about change
- access useful information about the change process
- find information about the strengths and challenges of various strategies
Thorough and comprehensive, it offers essential information about how to:
- form leadership teams
- identify high stakes problems
- build commitment
- create a school-wide vision and establish school-wide goals
- handle setbacks
- maintain the vision and sustain change.
- evaluate and assess comprehensive school change
Also included is a section called Ports of Call which provides sources of information to help you implement comprehensive school reform at your site.
From Michael Fullan's Foreword . . .
Chenoweth and Everhart take the big concepts of change and work them through operationally at the level of day-to-day practice. We learn how to form leadership teams, the importance of focusing on capacity-building and reculturing, how to build commitment while dealing with dissatisfaction, problem-solving during implementation, how to keep going, and how to go beyond standardized testing in developing a range of alternative assessment strategies.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like